Head of Technology Development, India - Coatings & Inks
Lead technology and new product development in coatings & inks
Pilot national R&D projects based in New Delhi, India
About Our Client
Our client is a well-established multinational in the packaging ink and chemical industry. They have an established network of production plants around the world which continuously allows them to offer high-quality innovative products and tailor-made solutions to global customers. As the business is expanding in India, they are looking to hire a dynamic and experienced Head of Technology Development to meet the company's medium and long-term business objectives.
This role will be based in New Delhi, India and requires extensive travel. Your main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Feasibility assessment of specific R&D projects, identification of national customer needs to provide state-of-the-art innovative products and solutions
- Compliance of raw material and intermediate portfolio to legal, industry and company standards
- Regional as well as global transfer of product and technology knowledge to implementation teams and customers
- Regular local project reviews and reports to initiate corrective actions and provide accurate documentation in line with defined professional standards
- Preparation and implementation of R&D business plans, objectives and budgets according to BU needs
- Technical and subject matter expertise support to all Group patent activities
- Lead department and lab team, motivate staff to improve performance and continuously develop professional expertise
- Control budgets within the area of responsibility and implement corrective actions in case of deviations
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate is a chemical engineer by education and MBA-qualified with at least 10 years of comprehensive experience in ink development technology. He or she should have a successful track record in managing large R&D projects in printing and flexible packaging in both China and India. The candidate should also have a proven ability to solve technical issues in ink, packaging, chemicals, coatings, additives, etc. He or she should possess strong business acumen, managerial and communication skills, and the ability to build robust relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
What's on Offer
The client is looking for a results-driven leader with current and past work experience in China and India. The preferred candidate will be entrusted to lead local R&D projects and grow the department to become his or her success story. Exposure and career growth is offered along with a competitive salary package.