Head of SEA - Analytics Start-Up
Opportunity to run a P&L end to end
Truly entrepreneurial role, equity play
About Our Client
Our client is a well backed technology start up in the analytics / IoT space. They invest heavily in computer vision and machine learning technologies. They've done extremely well in markets like North America, Greater China and are now looking for a commercial leader to build and lead their business in Asia (ex-China and Japan).
They see a huge potential in the IoT space in the region especially across smart homes, smart buildings. This is a newly created role and will report directly to the board and have full P&L ownership.
The Head of SEA is responsible for building the regional business which includes hiring a sales team, appointing channel partners, designing strategic GTM plans and managing government relations.
Reporting to the board, this role will be measured on:
- Presenting to and consulting with the board on business trends - presentations & sales pitches
- Being the brand champion for the concerned markets
- Maintaining partnerships with channel partners and resellers
- Managing the P&L and leading sales growth with a strong oversight on bottom-line
In the next 3-5 years, this role (as envisioned) will grow into a full-scale General Management role including a sales organization in Singapore and other functional teams around the region.
The Successful Applicant
- MBA or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- 15 years or more IT sales leadership experience with a strong channel network in SEA
- Expertise in hiring and leading a regional sales team
- High risk appetite - ideally, having launched and run your own business or worked in a start-up environment
- Passion for IoT, smart home etc.
- Solution driven approach to business conversations and someone with a lot of conviction
- Expertise in financial modelling, GTM proposal and channel partner incentive design
What's on Offer
Our client is looking to launch, a successful product that has worked in North America and Greater China, in the SEA markets. They are keen to hire someone who has desire to build a business that combines the power of analytics and computer vision. This role is for someone who is entrepreneurial and has a long-term mindset and risk appetite. The compensation for this role will be split across base, bonus and equity (probably in equal proportion at the start).