Head of Sales APAC
Lead sales team within technical (product/application) engineering environment
Manage APAC sales of engineered products mostly through channel partners
About Our Client
Our client is a global leader within the NDT sector. Non-destructive testing (NDT) is a wide group of analysis techniques used in science and industry to evaluate the properties of a material, component or system without causing damage.
Selling through a global network of distribution partners they provide a full suite of non-destructive testing (NDT) instruments for various industries including concrete, metal, automotive and mining. Their products provide their customers with data collection technology combined with innovative software enabling remote collaboration.
Products include: portable hardness testers and relative humidity testers, automated pull-off adhesion testers, ultrasonic flaw detectors and instrumentation equipment, corrosion, resistivity and permeability testers, rebound hammers and brake disc wear indicators. They have a strong presence across APAC where they are considered market leaders.
Singapore is the company's Sales headquarters for APAC (excluding China) and due to business expansion and an upcoming promotion (existing Head of Sales APAC will soon be General Manager) they are now looking to add further strength to their commercial operations by recruiting a Head of Sales APAC - responsible for leading the existing sales team and also associated support functions (internal sales, sales support, finance, logistics and shipping).
The Head of Sales APAC will be responsible for supporting and leading an existing team of Sales Managers (currently 6 people all based in Singapore) whilst further developing and executing specific regional sales strategies across the region. You will also be responsible for helping to manage some of the company's key accounts and most strategic distribution partners.
With overall responsibility for the sales function across APAC (excluding China) the emphasis will be around growing the sales revenue and profits in a sustainable manner across the region. You will use techniques such as SWOT analysis to identify potential areas for growth and be able to positively mentor and guide the existing sales team and deal effectively with any management issues that arise.
You and your sales team will continue to provide value to your customers through a high quality and market leading product range and in-depth industry knowledge and expertise.
The Successful Applicant
To be a successful applicant for this role - you must satisfy the following requirements:
- Industrial Experience - We are looking for candidates who have a successful track record and progressive career within a technical sales environment (minimum 10 years' experience). You do not have to come from the NDT industry specifically
- Sales Management Experience - You will have had some previous experience of managing sales professionals utilising coaching and mentoring techniques to improve their performance
- Technical Skills - You will be required to build an understanding of the NDT industry and the company's product range
- Language Skills - You will have excellent English language skills - both verbally and written
- Education - minimum Diploma and ideally in an Engineering discipline
- Personality - We are interested to speak to candidates who are honest, trustworthy and tenacious. You will have strong organisational skills and be able to effectively prioritise your workload. Your communication and interpersonal skills must be strong and with you will have natural leadership abilities
- Location - this position will be based from Singapore and will involve travel across APAC (approx. 30-40%)
What's on Offer
You would be joining a very well respected global business both in terms of their innovative products and also reputation in the market for excellent levels of customer service. This role will offer the opportunity to work in a fast paced, dynamic and technical product and application environment. The successful applicant will receive a competitive remuneration/ salary package and the potential to earn significant sales bonuses if the team continues to perform well. You will be part of an organisation that are recognised as global leaders within the NDT field. The company provides excellent training and development opportunities for their employees to help them reach their maximum potential.