- Great career progression
- Regional exposure
About Our Client
Our client is an established retail company specializing in fashion apparel who has been in the market for more than 10 years. They have a strong market presence in Singapore and Malaysia as well as other SEA countries. In terms of direct teams in the region, they operate with a lean model. As part of the strategy for 2022 to strengthen their business operation for MYSG, they are now looking for a Head of Retail to look after the business operation for these 2 markets and to help increase sales growth for the business.
Michael Page is partnering with them on a retained basis to hire this role.
You will be reporting directly to the CEO, your main job responsibilities include:
- Creating and managing business strategies to drive growth while having a strong understanding of the market dynamics and close monitoring of current market trends and competitive products and pricing.
- Manage P&L, budget planning and control.
- Proactively engage with internal teams and management to determine new trends and to identify business opportunities with innovative ideas and business plans.
- Increase company and brand exposure internationally with e-commerce platforms, advertising, events and online engagements.
- Expand distribution channels and address untapped markets to give company better access and reach to potential customers.
- Oversee all operational aspects including business development, sales, wholesale and operations, customer service and quality training.
The Successful Applicant
In order to be successful in the role, you should have:
- A degree in Marketing or Business Management or related field.
- At least 8 years of retail operation experience, candidates with experience managing fashion apparels or sport goods will be an added advantage.
- Strong business and commercial acumen, knowledge in managing P&L and e-commerce would be an added advantage
- A growth mind-set and strong leadership skills to navigate challenges and creative problem solving.
What's on Offer
This is a newly created headcount, created in a business that has a strong ambition to establish their brand within SEA market. We are looking for someone who has strong knowledge in retail operation and good understanding on distribution channels. The compensation and benefits for this role will be in line with the market.