- Global Conglomerate
- Leadership Role
About Our Client
Our Client is the leading logistics service provider with a Global presence. They are rapidly growing their operations in Singapore and is offering a variety of products/services to their customers. The company has a vision to combine innovation, knowledge, people and products. With increasing demand and new product introductions, they are currently looking for a Head of Procurement (Inland Logistics) to be an integral part of their business to assist and continue their current growth.
Reporting to the APAC head, your major responsibilities will include the development, execution as well as formulation of policies to drive a consistent approach towards all sourcing, purchasing and tendering activity within the business. You'll be managing a team of 6. Additional responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing the procurement team and to defined the business plan to negotiate and realise negotiated agreements which meet the needs of the organisation in line with the business global procurement parameters.
- Responsible for the end-to-end procurement function of all spend relating to Land Transportation
- Work with the global category leads on implementation and local negotiation relating to global agreements.
- Strong ability to lead business partners and vendors negotiations, recommend vendor selection and implement contracts designed to encourage continual improvement.
- To be accountable for the portfolio framework to help ensure cost leadership, compliance and best in class supplier performance.
- Managing complex procurement projects within operations, to ensure alignment between costs, commercial needs and operational execution.
- Responsible for supplier relationship management, building strong relations with the vendors to drive value through the supply chain
- Stakeholder Management.
The Successful Applicant
You should possess a degree in Supply Chain or equivalent related studies and you must have significant years of relevant experiences in Sourcing & Operations with a solid experience in managing Logistics as a core category. You should also be strong with analytics as well as be sensitive to trends. Strong communication and negotiation skills with the ability to work in a fast paced and collaborative environment is essential.
What's on Offer
You will be in an organisation that takes pride in their long history with an excellent vision for the future. Also, they have a clear set of standards and guidance for conducting their business with integrity and have a huge emphasis on Corporate Social Responsibility. High performing employees are recognised and rewarded with competitive remuneration packages, personal development awards, annual salary reviews and short-term incentive programme. Some core benefits include health and welfare insurance subsidies, staff purchasing privileges and quarterly allowances.