Head of Procurement
Exciting Opportunity with a Large Conglomerate
Work Life Balance
About Our Client
Our Client is a prominent MNC that is a market leader in the Education industry, with a large global network across Europe, America and APAC. They are constantly reinventing and challenging themselves to keep ahead of consumer demands and remain competitive. The company has a vision to combine innovation, knowledge, people and products. With increasing demand and new product introductions, they are currently looking for an experienced Head of Procurement to improve their current performance both locally and regionally.
Reporting to the CFO, the majority of your responsibilities will involve managing a spectrum of procurement (IT Indirect) activities. This role is both operational and strategic. You will manage a small team of 3.
- Ensuring governance and control requirements and adherence practises that is within the frameworks of the Corporate Policies
- Providing support on the preparation of category specifications, analysis of tenders, proposals and quotations, to the submission of approval papers and letter of award/contracts
- Managing the e-Procurement system and procurement operations e.g. procure to pay process
- Streamlining the existing electronic procurement system work-flows and platforms
- To define sourcing strategy for vendors and suppliers to achieve cost savings that are in alignment with the company's objectives
- To align objectives between regional operations and global procurement
- To perform detailed reviews of purchase orders, quotations and tender terms and conditions against checklist
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will have 10 years of experience in Procurement IT categories. You should also possess good time management and excellent communication skills with the ability to work in a well structured environment. You'll need to have a broad knowledge of the IT suppliers and vendor management with a good understanding of a Technology organization and demonstrate strong interests to explore new ways to operate the business.
What's on Offer
You will be in an organisation that takes pride in their long history with an excellent vision for the future. The company has also been consistently expanding their footprint across the Globe and will offer opportunities for development and growth.