Head of Procurement
Senior Leadership position
Famous F&B group of companies
About Our Client
Our Client is a local company and has a market lead position in the F&B industry, with a multi-million turnover yearly for the Group which has businesses with multiple industries. The company has a vision to combine innovation, knowledge and products. With increasing demand and new business ventures, they are currently looking for a Head of Procurement to be an integral part of their business to assist and continue their current growth. This location is based in the North of Singapore.
You are accountable for growth opportunities, vendor relationships, contract negotiation & implementation across all the Group's business units. The majority of your responsibilities will involve managing the full spectrum of procurement (both direct & indirect) activities. This role has an emphasis on strategic responsibilities with some parts operational (Factory/Manufacturing).
* Full ownership and implementation of procurement policies, framework and processes - providing leadership across the Group's business units
* To develop and implement buying strategies to achieve economies of scale across the region
* To define, improve and execute production strategies to ensure that manufacturing capacity keeps up with growing demand
* Analyse and forecast trends to grow sales
* Negotiate purchasing terms and promotional support with various stakeholders
* Review suppliers' relationships to ensure effective business relationship
* Identify gaps and process improvement opportunities
* Negotiate and tender contracts with suppliers and vendors
* Networking and building relationships with key clients and suppliers
The Successful Applicant
You should possess a degree in Supply Chain or equivalent related studies and you must have prior managerial experiences. Buying experience in F&B sectors in a manufacturing environment is compulsory. You should also be strong with analytics as well as be sensitive to trends. Strong communication and negotiation skills with the ability to work in a fast paced and collaborative environment is essential. Being familiar with ISO 9002 and HACCP will be highly advantageous.
What's on Offer
You will be in a stable organisation that takes pride in their excellent vision for the future. The company has a "family" culture and nurtures talents. High performing employees are recognised and rewarded with competitive remuneration packages, personal development awards, annual salary reviews and short-term incentive programme. Some core benefits include health and welfare insurance subsidies, staff purchasing privileges and reward discounts.