- Develop portfolio analytics, factoring risk models
- Chance to build a team
About Our Client
Our client is a thought leader on infrastructure asset allocation and investment performance. They produce impartial research and performance benchmarks that aim to improve transparency and efficiency for investors in infrastructure. They have a regional headquarters in Singapore and a lean yet seasoned analytics team based here. As part of their strategic direction for the future of this research and its 'make an impact' philosophy, they are also expanding to cover topics such as decarbonization and climate change mitigation. Their clients are some of the most prestigious pension funds, endowment funds, sovereign wealth funds and regulators globally.
In line with the growth of this team, they are looking to hire a Head of Portfolio Analytics Research.
Reporting directly to the CEO for this business unit, the Head of Portfolio Analytics Research drives portfolio construction, factor modeling and risk analysis. This role will be measured on the following criteria:
- Be the subject matter expert on risk and performance attribution methodologies
- Initiate research projects and be accountable for delivery of such work
- Hire and lead a lean team of quantitative researchers
- Depending on the project need, work with Portfolio Managers, CIOs on client side to provide recommendations on asset allocation within infrastructure as an asset class
- Be the lead on writing financial publications
- Develop strong relationships with academic labs and industry groups
The Successful Applicant
- PHD in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Financial Engineering, or a similar discipline
- Fifteen years or more in portfolio research, ideally with at least five years in an academic environment
- Ability to write clear and concise reports
- Build and manage a team of quantitative researchers
- Speak at industry and academic conferences
- Passion for major infrastructure topics from a technical and economic standpoint
- Passion for using data to influence investment decisions
What's on Offer
Our client, a leading research and consulting organization, offers you the chance to partner with some of the largest asset managers and pension funds in the world. This is a fantastic chance for you to shape the future of infrastructure asset allocation and work on topics such as decarbonization.
Candidates coming from buy-side or sell-side research / asset allocation / portfolio construction roles will find this a good fit if they're looking to move to a highly autonomous, lean environment. The role is based in central Singapore and offers excellent healthcare coverage and a competitive salary package.