Head of Operations
Top tier bank and financial institution
World Class environment and culture
About Our Client
Our client is one of the leading player of banking & financial services industry in the world and a premier financial institution renowned globally.
- Oversee the team responsible for the local operational execution of cash and securities transfers including cash and securities settlement, cheques booking, swift generation, reconciliation, etc.
- Take charge of all operational and administrative queries and issues raised by the Front Office and Support Functions both locally and from other Group entities
- Provide trouble-shooting support on operational incident management and work closely with relevant stakeholders for resolution and putting in place preventive measures to avoid similar future occurrence
- Ensure appropriate business continuity plans are in place for all major Operations activities, testing of all critical systems and processes, and maintenance of disaster recovery facilities
- Coordinate the end to end (i.e. from requirement gathering, perform testing and post implementation support) of new initiatives and roll-outs (both local specific or group driven) relating to operational activities
- Supporting the COO in various change management and administrative tasks across COO Functions
- Organise regular feedback or communication sessions with Front Lines on operational developments, new changes and reminders
- Responsible for the management and development of the team, including performance management, training and compensation and resourcing matters
- Establish and document policies, operation procedures and relevant controls to meet Bank, local and regulatory requirements, including testing and certifying (or considers and escalates) the adequacy and effectiveness on a regular basis.
- Establishes and maintains operation KPI or KRI. Assess Operation risk and performance to identify the areas for improvement
- Ensure rigorous enforcement of requisite controls in accordance with the Bank's policies and timely clearance and escalation of risk issues.
- Comply with external and internal compliance and regulatory requirements, including the Bank's policies, operating procedures and controls to meet the Bank's and regulatory requirements and protect the business from financial and reputational risk
The Successful Applicant
· At least 10 years' experience in a similar supervision position in the private banking industry
· University level / Business school in Business or related fields.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and client interfacing skills
· Good understanding of wealth management business, operational and financial risks
· Expert use of Microsoft applications
· Good knowledge of Avaloq is a plus
· Experience with managing internal and external clients
· Proactive in tackling operational tasks/matters
· Experience in managing a Team and provide leadership in performance management,
training and development matters
· Experience in Project Management a plus
What's on Offer
Good remuneration package in a world class environment with great team dynamics and corporate culture.