Head Of Operations (Insurance)
Major insurance company in Europe and Asia
Attractive remuneration package with great working environement
About Our Client
One of the major insurance groups in Germany and Europe. Worldwide, it is represented in 30 countries and concentrates on Europe and Asia. It is the primary insurance arm of the world's leading risk carriers.
The successful applicant will:
- Organise and manage the on site & off site Operations Department and ensure its efficiency in productivity and accuracy.
- Review and restructure the current work flow processes within the department and the interface to other departments, in order to achieve efficient processes through digitisation, automation and re-structuring. Identify areas of improvement and liaise with IT and other departments in the enhancement of system.
- Review and Improve current work flow and job allocation in order to minimize turnaround time so as to increase productivity and improve efficiency of the Operations Department. Minimize disruption to productivity by managing the leave of staff to avoid overlapping of leaves. Motivate and encourage staff to adapt to ongoing changes implemented in the department.
- Use technology to drive process improvement e.g Document Management System, Robotics Process Automation (RPA), Automated Process Workflow.
- Prepare, analyse and present Department Statistic and KPIs in Monthly Management meeting.
- Prepare and Send the following reports to COO and Business Teams.
- Renewal Performance report
- Outstanding Letter of Indemnity reports
- Motor Renewable Reports with Claims
- Prepare and Submit Contract Certainty Data to GIA.
- Meet and discuss with subordinates on work related issues in order to encourage staff participation and to identify areas for improvements.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following experience, knowledge and skills:
- Diploma/Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- ACII or equivalent discipline or professional qualifications in General Insurance
- At least 10 years of operational experience in general insurance
- At least 5 years in supervisory capacity.
- Knowledge in underwriting is an advantage, but required
- Resourceful, self-driven and able to perform effectively in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Strong people manager, demonstrate initiative, communication, ability to manage a team.
- Experience in handling operational matters in hands on manner and able to perform under pressure, operational environment.
- Good problem solver and able to bring issues to resolution proactively
What's on Offer
- Learn from the market leader
- Reporting directly to the CEO
- Attractive remuneration package
- Great working environment
- Centralised office