Head of Investment
To be part of a global MNC who is listed in 5 exchanges
This role allow lateral exposure in investment research, products & sales
About Our Client
My client is an award winning Financial Advisory firm in Singapore with over 5,000 clients and more than SGD 1 billion of assets under advisement (AUA). They have a team of experienced Financial Adviser Representatives (FARs), all of whom are authorized by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS).
Leadership & Mentoring
- Effectively lead a research team and as required lead IRT activity, within agreed timescales and to required standard including identifying risk and regulatory issues and the resulting commercial materiality.
- Providing the thought, leadership and drive to set and deliver the vision and plans for the function which, offer a value-added contribution to my client.
- Operation of an effective performance management system for the team, ensuring it delivers to defined team and individual's objectives.
- Continued development of direct reports utilising internal succession planning; talent management to ensure the function maintains and develops the required skills and a future talent pool.
Promoting their Investment Service
- Supporting the Financial Planners sales process - meeting with clients/prospects to promote the service. Also, responding to queries and providing relevant information.
- Constructing non-standard portfolios, assessing compliance compatibility and getting approval where needed.
- Updating all client investment data in response to external changes and making available internally
- Produce quarterly pre and post-sale documentation including commentaries, chart books, data reports, fund focus, and flipcharts. Proactively produce other marketing materials as needed.
- Manage all model portfolios which from the basis for advisory services through following the defined change process. This includes updates, accurate storage and accessibility by relevant staff as well as tracking & reporting of recommended switches.
- Proactively manage the fund house relationships and communications to ensure positive relationships and visibility on fund opportunities.
- Continuously research and track fund changes, trends & options to ensure maximum possible income opportunities and profitability for the portfolios.
The Successful Applicant
- Good understanding of the financial market
- Ability to lead, present and manage stakeholders across all level
- Knowledge of offshore financial services
- Knowledge of trends in investment management
- Ability to articulate an investment outlook
- Experience with alternative investments
- 10+ years research or portfolio management experience, including manager due diligence
What's on Offer
Research & Marketing - Proactively looking for trends and changes in the markets that impact revenue streams and producing materials for education and sales purposes.
Portfolio Development - Leveraging research & data to construct both model and non-model portfolios ensure the non-model approval process meets compliance requirements.
Portfolio Management - Management of all portfolios including changes and additions to individual and model portfolios.
Revenue Growth - increasing the company revenue stream generated from fund houses.