Head of International Banking Division-Myanmar
Financial Services industry
Strategic role based in Myanmar
About Our Client
Our client is an established financial institution in Myanmar.
Responsibility is to build holistic capability, product innovation and processes in the area of Treasury, Trade Finance, Supply Chain Financing and Remittances. The responsibilities also encompass development of Financial Institution (FI) / Non FI relationship, IBD Branch Operations, Treasury Operations and Product Management & Support Services, technology adoption and pricing with P&L responsibility.
The incumbent will also be responsible for growing the business through expanding Treasury products, Trade Finance related business, Supply Chain Financing, cross-border remittance and creation of new FI/Non FI while enhancing existing relationship. Additionally, this leader will be accountable to ensure full compliance with the evolving regulatory landscape and to ensure we remain highly competitive.
The Successful Applicant
As a leadership appointment in this financial institution, it is imperative that applicants have certain existing skills and experiences in order to have both short term and long term business impact potential. The organisation considers the following to be critical to success within the role:
- A post graduate degree in Economics, Finance or Business Administration with a strong foundation in statistical and other quantitative techniques
- At least 7 years in the relevant sector with a total working experience to be minimum 10 years
- Strategic thinker and planner with progressively responsible experience in IBD business and operation
- A competent understanding of the bank's policies, process and procedures in respect to IBD areas of responsibilities and risk management.
- Good business acumen and the ability to develop an understanding of IBD products and dynamics in the market.
- Strong understanding of and exposure to current technologies technology application and support tools for IBD business delivery.
- Experience in developing initiatives which have increased cross-selling of IBD products and services; experience driving new revenue through multiple customer channels and new product development.
- Strong coach and developer of people. Experienced at identifying opportunities where mentoring and leading by example will foster leadership at the next level.
- Strong end to end Retail Banking experience on business revenue, cost and risk management.
- Experience in developing initiatives which have increased cross-selling of Retail Banking products and services; experience driving new revenue through multiple customer channels and new product development.
- Experience and understanding of operational risk with increasing levels of portfolio management.
- Other relevant experience in digital/online banking will also be advantageous
What's on Offer
An excellent career opportunity with long term career prospects with a well-established financial institution. Attractive remuneration package for the right profile sought after.