- Save Job
- Email Job
- Team management role, hire and grow the team
- World class team of engineers
About Our Client
Our client, with their regional headquarters in Europe, specializes in helping clients build innovative & sustainable hi-tech products. Globally, they have a team of close to 500 engineers, computer scientists, physicists etc. They have been operating in international markets for more than fifty years, with state-of-the-art engineering tools, and as part of their international expansion strategy, are setting up a Singapore office in 2023. Michael Page is pleased to partner them on a retained basis, in launching this office and hiring this Head of Innovation Centre role.
The Head of Innovation Centre, Singapore - B2B ("General Manager" grade) will be the first hire and have the unique chance to create the innovation center. As the leader of the team, you will coach and develop an interdisciplinary and multinational team of highly qualified engineers.
Reporting to the headquarters in Europe, this role is responsible for:
- Developing successful, business-oriented, and sustainable hi-tech products from the initial idea to production
- Hiring and leading a team of qualified engineers and specialists
- Meeting with clients to understand addressable market needs and driving product development
- Being the product champion for new product development
- Increasing top-line revenue by acquiring new clients
- Presenting to and consulting with the board on business trends, industry insights, hiring strategy
In the next 3-5 years, this role (as envisioned) will manage the key client relationships originating in Singapore and highly qualified engineering and product teams.
The Successful Applicant
- PHD or Masters' Degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial design from a recognized institution
- Experience in building hi-tech consumer products from conceptualization to GTM
- Leadership experience - having launched or scaled start-up businesses and taken them through various funding rounds or exit
- Expertise in hiring and leading a team of engineers and delivery of complex projects
- Exposure to product development according to EN ISO 13485 would be preferred
- Strong entrepreneurial desire and solution driven approach to business conversations and someone with a lot of conviction
- Willingness to travel up to 50% across Asia and Europe
What's on Offer
Our client, a technical consulting firm, is committed to their expansion plans and diversification of market & client base. The business has been operating in global markets for more than fifty years and this is a fantastic chance to launch a new country for them.
We are looking for someone who enjoys building businesses but looking for predictability with financial backing. We hope to have someone who will identify white-spaces in the market and build products to bridge those client needs.
This role would be a great fit for candidates who have previously launched businesses within hi-tech consumer appliances. The total compensation and benefits for this role will be competitive and our client promotes a culture of flexibility and continuous education and training.
- Product Manager
- What is your area of specialisation?
- Business Services
- Contract Type
- Consultant name
- Anurag Garg (Lic No: R1215997)
- Consultant contact
- +65 6416 9817
- Job Reference