Head of Finance
Newly created role
stable and growing REIT
About Our Client
Our client is a leading player in its field of the real estate sector with stable and growing funds of both listed REITs and private equity funds.
- Day to day management of the Singapore based Finance and Accounting team
- High quality reporting to private equity investors; including IFRS compliant audited consolidated financial statements, various metrics and relevant operating reports
- Timely and accurate preparation of financial information to be used for the filing of various local financial statements, tax returns and other statistical/regulatory reports
- Timely and accurate monthly and quarterly financial reporting of the region to the US accounting team under US-GAAP
- Maintaining a system of internal controls over financial reporting in accordance with company and fund policy and guidelines
- Supporting Fund Management and other departments through preparation and/or review of analyses, financial projections and proforma statements for transactions including, acquisition, disposition, recapitalization, restructuring, debt issuance and ongoing operational activity
- Day to day cash management; including timely execution of payments, bank account maintenance, cash planning, etc.; in close cooperation with the global cash management department
- Maintaining, contributing to and initiation of tax planning and tax structuring where required to optimize the company's policies; in close cooperation with the global tax department
- Providing financial expertise during transactions, structuring, debt raising and equity raising
- Acting as a member of management in all aspects; including stimulating a collaborative environment, driving for continuous improvements, ensuring open communication lines to other departments and regions and communicating the company's decisions, vision and strategy to the team
The Successful Applicant
- CPA, Chartered Accountant or equivalent.
- At least 10 years of accounting and financial management experience, with minimum 5 years cross-regional fund accounting and financial management experience; preferably in the real estate sector. Familiarity with China private equity real estate fund or Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) involving China market is a big plus.
- Proven leadership skill in managing and growing a team is a must. Very strong interpersonal skill is required to manage the workstream across regions and to operate in a matrix organization.
- Strong understanding and experience with international consolidations and accounting, fund reporting, tax, treasury and cash management.
- Thorough understanding of IFRS working knowledge of U.S. GAAP.
- Excellent communication skills, both in English and Chinese (preferably spoken at least) due to the geographical locations of assets as well as market exposure of funds
- Strong computer skills (MSOffice suite and ERP systems)
- Pragmatic, hands-on, flexible and adaptable to change, continuously driven to challenge and improve, self-starter
What's on Offer
Opportunity to join the Singapore office as part of senior management team in a newly created role of a large stable MNC within the real estate sector.