Head of Compliance
Head of Compliance
About Our Client
Our client is a European Corporate Bank with branches around the world, primarily specializing in corporate lending but also covering trading in financial instruments including treasuries, currencies and options.
- Overall in charge of the Singapore Branch's Compliance function
- Tasked with establishing and ensuring compliance policies are consistent with Singaporean and German laws and regulations. Drafting and reviewing the compliance framework, providing sound written policies on all operational areas of Singapore Branch, including the branch's lending activities, investment activities, treasury activities, accounting, internal control, internal auditing
- To lead the enhancement of the Branch Compliance framework, including risk assessments, policies and procedures, corporate governance, testing, monitoring, and training for Singapore Branch and other Asia branches
- To keep abreast of relevant regulatory requirements and best industry practice developments and carry out procedural changes in the compliance function and implementations where indicated by the MAS
- To interact with bank regulators and auditors regarding exams and inquiries
- To ensure Head Office compliance policies and requirements are implemented in coordination with Head Office Compliance Department.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree/Diploma with major in Business, Banking/Finance or Law
- 8 years relevant banking sector, compliance experience
- Experience of dealing with regulations governing banking business and products
- Self-driven, with a proactive and solution-oriented working style
- Analytical, with unwavering attention to detail
- Good leadership and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
What's on Offer
Our client is offering the next step for the career of a compliance professional. As Head of Compliance they will mentor juniors as well as dealing closely with the MAS on implementation of existing and new regulations. The incumbent will get to deal with, educate and manage senior stakeholders in the organization as well as being exposed to and lead relevant compliance projects.