Head of Category - Start up Technology Company
About Our Client
Do you have a strong commercial acumen with entrepreneur set-skill? Are you looking to work in one of the pioneers in the e-commerce players who is well-respected within the technology space? If you are a highly motivated Indonesian who is looking for an exciting opportunity to work in a multi-talented environment, do read on and apply for this job!
With their rapid growth, and strong backing from huge investors, they believe Indonesia is the key market to drive their success. With hundreds of thousands of products from both local and international brands, and across various categories, our client is a one-stop shopping destination. They put their customers at the center of their heart, and they believe that every customers' feedbacks count.
The newly created role will be responsible to increase transactions within the category, and will be managing his / her own team.
Other responsibilities include:
- Growing the category that she/he handled by defining the strategy, adapting the strategy to local specifications.
- Ensuring achievement of the sales with specified target markets within that category.
- Sustaining the operations by identifying new business and generating new opportunities.
- Devising integrated campaigns with the aim to acquire and retain customers.
- Managing implementation, tracking and measurement of various marketing campaigns.
- Developing and implementing objectives, strategies and efficient sales forecasting systems.
- Analysing data or insights to determine consumer trends, and devising strategies for the product categories.
- Managing both cost and revenues per the agreed P&L successfully.
- Maintaining end-to-end client relationships, and developing business relationship with both internal and external parties.
- Ensuring implementation of the strategy by driving the team in Indonesia (i.e.: defining KPIs, setting targets).
- Ability to lead a team, including hiring and retaining the team members.
- Shaping the growth based on embracing the business models.
- Recruiting, managing and providing training / coaching to develop the team members.
The Successful Applicant
Our client is only looking for a highly-driven Indonesian with an impressive track record and strong business acumen. Without doubt you must have an excellent communication in both English and Bahasa, and a strong drive to build the business. You will not only demonstrate the ability to hit and exceed significant revenue targets but you must also posses the ability to lead and manage a large team.
Other requirements include:
- At least 5 years of working management with strong business acumen.
- Ideally, you graduate from top tier 1 university, and have worked in the following industries: management consulting, investment bank, VC, private equity, or start-up (unicorn only).
- Strong ability to set clear measurable objectives, delegate responsibilities, assesses, recognize and reward performance.
- Flexibility, adaptive and versatile personality.
- Excellent business acumen and willingness to be hands-on, and ability to thrive in dynamic business.
- Excellent negotiating, influencing, communication and presentation skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a great personality and start-up experience will be a plus.
- Innovative and quick to adapt.
- Understanding in the e-commerce and digital sector is preferred.
What's on Offer
As part of the growing team with in a dynamic culture, our client are able to offer:
- Attractive remuneration.
- The opportunity to be part of the market leader