Head of Business - Sharia Lifestyle (Tech Start Up)
Building a legacy!
Fast-paced dynamic environment.
About Our Client
An interesting opportunity has opened within one of the tech companies in Indonesia who will be launching this new business unit. They are looking to be the pioneers in promoting a sharia lifestyle to the targeted market in Indonesia. They believe that being the country with the largest Muslim population in the world, it is time for a company to start digitalizing!
As such, they are looking to bring on board a highly energetic, well-rounded Indonesians to lead this new business unit. They aim to create disruption in this conventional market and as the head of the business, you are responsible to set up the business, and to deliver the highest levels of growth through multiple means.
This is a highly demanding role, and the head of business unit is expected to be able to manage and maintain international relationship with different stakeholders. You will be expected in acquiring new partners, and in setting the different milestones for the business.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Setting up this operations by identifying and generating new opportunities.
- Ensuring that the business is set up and operating under the correct law and regulations.
- Leading the Marketing and PR team in order to grow the business and driving the traffic to the website or mobile application.
- Training, coaching, and ensuring the development of the team members.
- Driving the recruitment and training/
- Ensuring that multiple initiatives and strategies are implemented to achieve the most efficient operation in a cost-effective manners.
- Developing and implementing objectives, strategies and efficient sales forecasting systems.
- Establishing systems and procedures for controls and evaluation of the teams' performances.
- Monitoring and ensuring cost effective use of budget funds for overhead, incentive payout, marketing strategies.
- Managing multiple stakeholders and ensuring all communications are well.
- Building the various solutions of these digitalised products (including financial solutions).
- Managing P&L.
The Successful Applicant
Our client is looking for a high caliber Indonesian with an impressive track record. Without doubt you must come with an impressive track record of continual delivery and business growth. This will not only involve hitting and exceeding significant targets but you must also demonstrate the ability to lead.
Other requirements include:
- At least 8 years of working management experience in the start-up environment, investment banking, top management consultants.
- Understandings and knowledge about the Sharia would be highly preferred.
- Experience working in top MNCs is a must.
- Prior working experience covering different areas across Indonesia is a must.
- Entrepreneur mindset with hands-on and a can-do attitude.
- Strong ability to set clear measurable objectives, delegate responsibilities, assess, recognize and reward performance.
- Strong leadership with excellent influencing, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong management capacity with proven track record in managing regional areas across Indonesia.
- Drive and hunger to achieve results Independent, self-starter and initiative
- Excellent business acumen and willingness to work within tight deadlines.
- Previous responsibility in managing P&L of a set up/market.
- Ability to be flexible and not rigid when needed.
What's on Offer
- Ability to start the business and become a legacy in Indonesia.
- Starting a new business.
- Attractive remuneration.