Head of Business Development, APAC - Building Solutions
Growth oriented business in APAC
Manage relationships with partners regionally
About Our Client
Our client is a premium European player in the construction sector and provides solutions for the construction sector. APAC is a developing region for them with revenues in the range of 5-10 million USD and an ambition to be at 25 million USD. Their products are well engineered and renowned for high quality, with impeccable customer service. In APAC, they sell through channel partners and direct (in the last 18 months) and are looking to strengthen their direct presence by hiring a leadership role in business development.
The Head of Business Development, APAC is responsible for expansion of their partner network and markets for building solutions through customer understanding, concept development and technical solution sales.
Reporting to the headquarters in Europe, this role is responsible for:
- Increase Business in line with the corporate growth strategy à increase sales including new areas to take on, in order to overachieve on the budget
- Build relationships with new potential customers and channels
- Be the brand manager for Asia
- Plan presentations, sales pitches and market relevant sales approaches
- Present to and consult with senior management on business trends
- Identify opportunities for repeat business via campaigns, services, and distribution channels
- Own the Asia PnL
The Successful Applicant
- Masters' Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a relevant technical background
- Have excellent relationships with architects, developers, wholesale distributors
- Ability to develop a market penetration strategy derived from the global corporate growth strategy
- Experience in brand building, development and retention within Asia
- 10-12 years in selling building solutions (ideally during the design and build phase)
- Experience in running a regional business will be useful
- Strong communication skills and a creative mindset, preference for candidates who have lived and worked in Europe as the role requires someone with a strong knowledge of the European standards in building construction
What's on Offer
Our client, a profitable private firm has a strong culture of hiring and grooming individuals with a strong commercial acumen. In this Asia role, they are looking for an individual that has a strong aspiration to be in a firm that focuses on building people's careers and is keen to grow with the business.
The remuneration for this role will be competitive and other benefits, bonuses will be in line with the market. The role requires 60-80% travel for training, customer visits and partner management so we are looking for candidates who can travel extensively and on a short notice.