- Lead APJ for a US headquartered private firm
- Entrepreneurial role, hire and lead a team in APJ
About Our Client
Our client is a software platform that allows application owners to efficiently run cloud-first applications at scale. Their container solutions allow firms to modernize traditional applications, drive hybrid- and multi-cloud implementations and the development of new, cloud-first applications with agility. The firm is backed by strong VC investors and is privately held, with a global headcount of less than two hundred. In the next five years, they expect to be a $50m-$100m USD business annually and to drive this fast growth, they are looking for a Head of APJC - Cloud Data Services who has prior experience in launching businesses in this region from the ground up.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Worldwide Sales, based in the US, the success of the Head of APJC - Cloud Data Services role will be measured on:
- Owning the P&L for APAC including China, India, ANZ and Japan
- Managing a couple of existing accounts which generate $1m-$2m revenue annually and creating deeper relationships - getting into new markets with existing key clients for instance
- Hire and manage a team of five to ten headcounts in the first year across pre-sales, customer success, technical architecture etc.
- Hire country leads or sales leads in markets that scale quickly with a pipeline to deliver north of $5m USD in ARR
- Lead enterprise and channel sales for APJ, appoint new channels in key markets within the first 6-12 months
- Build a comprehensive APAC profile of clients in EMEA and North America
- Coach the sales team to take up larger responsibilities and build a robust sense of accountability
The Successful Applicant
The successful Head of APJ - Cloud Data Services (APJC) will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree from a globally recognized university
- Expertise in selling enterprise software, ideally storage or hybrid cloud services, to enterprise clients in financial services, technology, manufacturing etc.
- Experience in selling to large cap GCR accounts is a must as the client has ongoing discussions with some clients in this space and the APJC lead would front them once hired
- More than ten years in a sales leadership role in APAC
- Strong ability to guide decision making at the CXO level in the US and engage partners with the right level of tact
- Experience of having directly hired and managed a sales team of 10-50 headcounts and proven track record of having developed their careers, implemented best practices
- No obstacle for travelling within APAC and US, based on need
What's on Offer
Our client offers you an opportunity to represent a robust product in an extremely innovative environment and autonomy to lead a regional sales business. They have less than two hundred headcounts globally and intend to continue working in a matrix and lean business model. In four to five years, they see a potential exit via public listing or acquisition.
The role is ideal for someone who is in a (Senior) Sales Director role in APAC with an enterprise software firm and looking for a challenging assignment which has huge upside potential and to be the top role in APJC.
This is a result driven sales environment with clear growth objectives and expectations on talent development. The OTE for the role can range from SGD 400k - 500k plus equity and other benefits.