Head of APAC Project Pursuit - Oil & Gas
Lead APAC Major Projects team out of Singapore
Minimum 20 years experience required - mix of EPC and End User ideal
About Our Client
A leading worldwide supplier of process automation technology. They manufacture and distribute technical engineered products and solutions to the Energy sector including Oil & Gas, Refinery and Power. They are a business with a long history and take a long term view and invest accordingly in the development of their products, their testing facilities and technology.
The Head of APAC Project Pursuit - Oil & Gas is responsible for pursuing and developing win strategies as a member of a world class global Major Projects team. You will provide overall leadership to for the strategic Major Project team and lead the development of the Major Project Planning process.
You will develop both a strategic and tactical sales plan and lead focused teams of resources from multiple sites, functions, disciplines and divisions to win profitable large Strategic Projects to help grow Global market participation and to "Maximize the Pull" of other Products and Services that the Company offers. These large Strategic Projects will typically be in the size range of $5M to $100M in total potential revenue for the business.
Responsibilities for the role include:
- Develop the strategic Major Projects pursuit plan, develop Win Strategies for specified strategic projects and set a clear Vision for winning Major Projects across APAC
- Lead all internal & external Major Project pursuit resources necessary to win the assigned project
- Coordinate all available internal resources including global sales, divisional sales, project execution teams, executive management and external local business partners
- Oversee the development of sales strategy; forging relationships with defined end users, partners and engineering contractors
- Have direct involvement throughout the project pursuit lifecycle including sales pursuit, proposal generation / submittal, and contract negotiation
The Successful Applicant
Requirements for this role are as follows:
- Ideally 20+ years process experience with in-depth multi-division product, services and solutions knowledge
- Experience managing businesses and teams with a sales volume in excess of $50M and an in-depth knowledge of professional selling techniques for large capital projects
- Able to formulate and implement a Strategic Vision and have a successful track record in Management and Leadership
- Effective at motivating others and with strong team work skills - able to building effective winning project teams
- Advanced Solution / Consultative Selling skills and strong understanding of project management and execution fundamentals
- Have a deep knowledge and understanding of competition in the Industry
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation and customer orientation skills with solid business acumen
- High levels of integrity, ethics and trustworthiness
- Excellent listening skills and a strong negotiator
- Ability to effectively work in multi-cultural environments
- Able to undertake extensive international travel; travel at short notice and occasional unforeseen extended periods away from home
What's on Offer
An opportunity to join a global business and be a key contributor to future growth and success in the APAC region with an attractive package inclusive of a performance related bonus.