Group Legal Counsel - Reputable TMT Group
Lead a small team
About Our Client
Our client is a reputable MNC with operations across Telecommunication, Media, Technology sectors; their presence cover more than 3,000 cities and 150 countries around the globe.
As part of the group legal function, you will be leading a small team and:
- Providing support to the media business and assists in other initiatives of the listed group as and when necessary.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements in relation to the acquisition, production and distribution of content, M&A matters, subscription and advertising business, sales and marketing activities, IP development and regulatory matters, as well as managing contentious matters relating to the media business.
- Providing legal, regulatory and strategic advice to the media business both in respect of existing markets, as well as potential new markets.
- Carry out duties consistent with strategic plans and directives as determined by management.
- Manage external counsel and company secretary as necessary.
- Interacting regularly and independently with management and external parties (e.g. external counsel, company secretary, government authorities).
- Assisting in supervising junior members of the team.
The Successful Applicant
Successful candidate will:
- be a qualified lawyer with at least 10 years of relevant post-qualification legal experience in an internationally recognized jurisdiction and/or in-house environment, with excellent drafting and negotiating skills.
- have solid legal knowledge and experience in supporting the media business and providing relevant legal, regulatory and strategic advice in Southeast Asia and the Middle East.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese would be an advantage).
- Excellent communication skills, people oriented, self-driven and able to interact effectively with stakeholders at all levels. Ability to engage with other business units and stakeholders across the Group is important.
- Ability to lead a small team and to work proactively and independently with minimal supervision under tight deadlines.
- Exceptional organization skills, attention to detail, mature attitude and able to multi-task, solution-oriented with good commercial sense.
What's on Offer
Offers competitive salary package, team leading and regional exposure.