GM - Consumer Goods
Ambitious MNC on the growth mode & expanding within ASIA
Travel Retail Exposure
About Our Client
Our client pride themselves in being the market leader in the FMCG industry in Singapore. They are well established in Singapore for over 40 years and the company can pride themselves to be rated as a one of the top players in the market. We are seeking candidates who are able to represent the brand and be part of a dynamic team committed in delivering and communicating the company's visions and goals.
- As the GM - Consumer Goods (Travel Retail), you report directly to the Group GM and you will get to be responsible for expanding the business through partnerships across 14 markets across Asia primarily countries such as Singapore, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, Vietnam, Hong Kong, China, Mongolia and South Asia territories.
- Responsible for creating and building high performance sales & marketing capabilities.
- You will be leading main business units - Travel Retail and in-market distribution by partnering with renowned brands in the FMCG sector
- Overall responsible for the turnover of SGD$400-500 mil business (Consumer Business)
- Partner closely with the local Business Units Heads and GMs in market to lead and drive sales strategy in markets in regards to route to market, new channels, general trade expansion, trade marketing, pricing to achieve best in class standards - total of 7 direct reports)
- Review current standards and set new benchmarks for customer segmentation, route planning, optimum field force strength and their KPIs for direct and indirect route to market models.
- Conceive category leadership strategy for the brands, build relationships with key accounts locally and where possible, regionally.
- Provide objectives and strategies in accordance with the organisation's business objectives, followed by the most effective plans and strategies in the Singapore market.
The Successful Applicant
- Possess a degree in any discipline and has at least 10-15 years of senior managerial experience within top FMCG conglomerates preferably with experience & network in the alcohol, tobacco, perfume and cosmetics, FMCG sector
- Have strong experience and exposure managing sales & marketing teams
- Travel retail experience in Asia is a strong necessity for this role
- You come with excellent hands-on leadership qualities and have concrete track record in driving teams to excel in a fast paced organisation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence both internal and external stakeholders
- Travelling: 30%
What's on Offer
- Collaborative environment with internal and external stakeholders
- Competitive remuneration package