Global VP of Tax for healthcare MNC
global tax head with teams in China, US and emerging market.
report to Global CFO for fast growing healthcare MNC
About Our Client
Our client is a prominent player in the healthcare sector with huge success and strong brand name as well as a people caring culture that drives by efficiency and meritocracy. Due to the change of business structure, our client has created a new business line globally in order to drive business long-term growth and is looking to hire a highly competent VP of Tax to be based in Shanghai.
The VP of Tax will be responsible for overseeing and managing the tax function and all relationships with external and internal business partners and identify areas of risk and opportunity for the company including:
- Manage and work with the external tax accounting firm for the preparation of the statutory and GAAP income tax provision and accrual, and the tax return preparation and compliance matters for income, premium, property and sales/use.
- Manages all tax audits and examinations and negotiates settlement of disputed issues
- Controls tax planning responsibilities for the company including short and long-range planning to reduce tax expenses to the legal minimum.
- Oversees the preparation of all tax information returns and acts as consultant on tax reporting to all areas.
- Develop and implement comprehensive worldwide processes and procedures to manage intercompany transactions
- Acts as consultant and a strong business on tax matters. Prepare and present reports to executive management providing insight and advice related to various tax strategies
- Provides tax support on corporate acquisitions and dispositions.
- Partner to implement tax initiatives and drive simplification and process improvements
- Keep updated on new tax regulations and make sure actions are taken to minimize risks.
- Maintains effective working relationships with all external parties such as firms and government bodies.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree in accounting, tax or finance
- Masters of Taxation and/or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent certification
- Minimum 15 to 20 years of tax experience in major accounting firm and multinational company
- Demonstrate leadership and interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage and implement multiple complex projects and communications to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated strong communication skills
- Ability to work cross functionally
- Excellent tax planning skills
- Self-driven and result oriented and able to work under pressure.
- Experience of manage regional/global tax team for big MNCs.
- Fluency in English and Chinese.
What's on Offer
global MNC moving HQ to China with massive growth opportunities and this is a global role with strong visibility and decision making involvement. Attractive package will be offered as well.