Global Finance Director, Shanghai Based
global role for leading business over 1 billion USD
executive level in fast growing business
About Our Client
Our client is the leading player in the industrial/complex manufacturing sector with multiple technical centres and manufacturing sites around the globe including Asia, Europe and North America. Our client is aggressively growing this product business unit in order to achieve their revenue and profit targets and their current revenue size is over 1 billion USD and is the dominant player in its product segment with well-known brand name in the market. Given this growth plan, our client is looking to hire a highly competent Global Finance Director for this Product Business Unit (PBU) with full accountability of all the financial accounting activities of the business.
With duel reporting line to the Global Controller and the Vice President & General Manager of the business unit, this person will be held accountable for delivering results and building strong talent for the future. The Finance Director must be able to successfully build relationships at all levels of the company. Some of the major responsibilities include:
- Accounting & internal controls - guide and manage accounting policy across the BU together with all internal and external audit requirements; ensure effective internal controls are in place to ensure full compliance with SOX, IFRS/US/local GAAP and other applicable laws and regulatory requirements.
- Financial Planning & analysis - produce timely and accurate reporting and analysis; provide insightful financial analysis to identify ways of driving improved business performance.
- Planning & forecasting - manage the process for accurate financial forecasting and budgeting for the global BU including operational budgeting, market and market share analysis, competitive analysis, sales reporting & analysis, inventory management & assessment, cost accounting; monthly/quarterly/annual planning.
- Strategic planning - Integral part of the BU leadership team, the individual will contribute to and shape significant strategic decisions as well as ensuring alignment and be responsible for providing strong financial leadership in the pursuit of the BU short, mid and long term business/commercial objectives/strategy. Crucial to the success in this role will be the ability to drive the profit improvement in collaboration with the various functional leads, including setting cost saving targets and reviewing and approving pricing and other commercial terms.
- Corporate development - build relationships across the organisation to identify business needs which may be realized through organic and inorganic means, including M&A, strategic alliances, partnerships and other growth initiatives
- Talent recruitment & development - build and develop a highly skilled, fully engaged Finance function capable of providing internal succession for both the BU/segment and the wider Finance organization through recruiting, developing and retaining top talent.
- The person will bring outstanding finance business partnering skills and commercial acumen.
The Successful Applicant
Our client is seeking a well-rounded Finance leader, strong on executive presence, with a genuine passion for the business, intellectual capacity, and with strong learning and change agility. A global mindset and experience gained in a multi-cultural environment is critical. Energy, a commitment to excellence, strong leadership and accountability are sought after.
In the next 6-12 months, the primary focus will be ensuring clear financial reporting and analysis, tracking and controlling of costs on the recently spin-off business, as well as identifying plant and BU finance talent needs to prepare full separation from the existing business structure. This will include the challenge of tracking the execution of contract manufacturing agreement costs through the period of carving out a portion of the business from another division.
The preferred candidate ideally has a MBA degree with professional qualifications equivalent to CPA or CMA with international working experience and the ability to work with people from different cultures. Experience of working on a similar role at a sizeable industrial business with the complexity is desired. Well rounded technical skills in accounting, costing and financial/strategic planning as well as business and customer minded is essential to the success of this role.
What's on Offer
Our client offers a great platform for career progression and you will act as a true partner for decision making to the business. This person is a key member to the global leadership team with full visibility and this offers a great opportunity for this person to make a huge impact on the business. Our client also offers competitive salary package and you will work with a result driven and highly professional team.