Responsible for P&L And Overall Operations
Provide Strategic Leadership
About Our Client
Leading organisation with a diversified business portfolio is recruiting for a GM for their Singapore operations. They are in the industrial B2B business and their products could be applied to the marine, offshore and oil & gas / petrochemical sectors.
- Lead a small team and full profit and loss responsibility for the operations in Singapore
- Develop strategies and procedures to enable execution of business plans within corporate requirements and objectives
- Overall accountability for profitably and efficiently managing operations activities, resources and priorities as measured by Financial, Delivery and Quality metrics in the assigned operational area
- Visit major & new customers to increase understanding of their requirements and grow sales
- Responsible for executive level briefing to the company and customer senior management
- Actively promote the products to new and existing customers by providing sales pitches, technical presentations and demonstrations
- Observe and control production budgets; monitor the cost and effectiveness of production activities to optimise resources, prioritise spending, and achieve Delivery, quality, and financial targets.
- Plan and manage the Singapore staffing and activities to ensure that customer needs are met and the business delivers on efficiency and margin targets on manpower, contracts and spares.
- Build a cohesive and strong team culture
- Review and approve invoices, purchase orders, proposals and contracts to ensure alignment with business plans and grow sales and profits
- Ensure that the business has complied with all regulatory requirements for financial information reporting, disclosure requirements and internal control over financial reporting
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering with 10- 15 years' experience in management leadership and overall operations experience
- Ideally with experience in oil & gas, marine and offshore industry
- Strong leadership skills and ability to lead the local team plus work closely with counterparts
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Business travel in the region as and when necessary
What's on Offer
You will have the opportunities to develop and nourish your coaching and management skills, fostering diversity in a workplace full of high-calibre individuals.