General Manager - Specialty Chemical
Responsible for managing greenfield silicone manufacturing plant in SG
Responsible for managing global Sales operation for silicone product range
About Our Client
A leading speciality chemical manufacturing and distribution company headquartered in Europe and with operations worldwide in Europe, North America and Asia. Their core business focuses on speciality and performance chemicals, specialty monomers, polymers and ingredients to markets including Fine Chemicals, Pharma, Life Sciences and Biomaterials. Employing a highly skilled team of technical specialists gives them the capability to tailor their operations to meet the stringent service standards in regulated application sectors of the industry.
The newly commissioned plant in Singapore will involve the synthesis of Specialty Monomers for regulated products in the Silicone industry and will be operational in Q1 2020.
The GM will be responsible for the management of Production, R&D and Technical requirements of the business and also the management of the Global Sales Team.
- Steer and drive Quality, Safety and efficiency/ effectiveness of production processes at the manufacturing plant in Singapore
- Drafting the global 1/3/5-year sales plans and generating forecasts for revenue, margins and costs - coordinating planning strategy with the Executive Management Board in Europe
- Generation of quarterly forecasts and quarterly reports once the Singapore plant is operational in Q1 2020
- Identifying and addressing opportunities and threats, strengths and weaknesses (customer behaviour, competitive strategies, technology trends, political, legal and economic framework conditions, etc.)
- Developing and optimising cost and revenue targets for new and existing customers and new applications/ sectors
- Identifying and addressing market, customer and supplier-related goals
- Raw material procurement and supplier development
- Observing and evaluating market trends in order to generate new products in collaboration with Group subsidiaries
- Identifying merger and acquisition targets both in APAC and globally
The Successful Applicant
Suitable candidates for this GM role must have the following experience:
- Managing P&L and experienced in contribution margin accounting
- Labour-cost planning and Capex planning
- Development, implementation and supervision of strategies and action plans with a focus on development of new business
- Developing customer-related strategies and being effective in a KAM role for key customers and suppliers
- Analysis and evaluation of market data and reports
- Designing and developing a synergistic product portfolio - effectively identifying and closing any gaps identified
- Implementing effective risk management strategies and processes
What's on Offer
This is an exciting opportunity to join a business that has committed to investing in a brand new production facility in Singapore and which will be fully operational in the next 3-4 months. The Management Board are looking for an experienced leader from the specialty chemical sector to lead both the operational and commercial aspects of the business and you will have full control of the P&L.