- Save Job
- Email Job
- Leadership role, managing a P&L of $30-40m
- Drive double digital topline growth
About Our Client
Our client, an international brand, is a leading premium home goods player, with a significant share of wallet in the hospitality client base. The current financial year has seen a healthy revenue growth in the SEA region and the board believe there are missed opportunities across their existing channels: distribution, retail and D2C. Besides, they have a desire to hire a business leader who will be a strong coach to the existing team members and retail partners.
In line with their growth ambitions, they are looking for a new General Manager, Singapore & Export Markets.
The General Manager, Singapore & Export Markets is responsible for driving direct and channel sales via a seasoned team. In addition, this role will be responsible for leading thirty plus headcounts, who cover field sales, field service, accounting, customer service and technical support.
Reporting to the Regional MD for APAC, this role is responsible for:
- Designing the strategic priorities in SEA, covering Singapore, Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia, Myanmar, Vietnam, and Malaysia
- Growing the circa $29m USD business, which is Singapore centric, into a $40m USD business
- Understanding customer pain points and advising the board on pricing and GTM decisions
- Meeting distributors in the region and driving any changes necessary to such relationships, including defining and revising performance metrics
- Training and development of the existing team in the region
- Having a strong understanding of competitors in the industry and building a competitive edge
- Driving a good team culture
- Hiring new team members as the business expands in Singapore and export markets
The Successful Applicant
- MBA or Bachelors' Degree from a reputable university
- Fifteen or more years or more in a strategic business development role with at least five years in a General Management role in Singapore
- Experience of working outside of SEA would be ideal, as the client is keen to implement best practices from their mature markets: GCR and ANZ
- Prior experience in selling high value premium home goods like furniture, home appliances
- Knowledge and expertise in managing a P&L and a team of 50-100 people
- Experience in driving double digital growth for a consumer goods sales business
- The role requires frequent overseas travel
What's on Offer
Our client is an extremely well-known premium home goods brand. Hospitality is one of their expertise areas. They intend to acquire more market share by diving deeper into each segment and understanding customer pain points. Despite turbulent market conditions in the last two years, they have been committed to their growth and investment plans. They enjoy a reputable, stable brand recognition and are looking for someone who will be a coach to the teams in South East Asia.
The remuneration for this role, benefits and bonus will be in line with the market. The bonus payout is linked to P&L growth and last year, the best performers were paid 160% of their target bonus. You will have autonomy to make decisions for SEA and we are looking for someone to study the market and drive initiatives that align with the board objectives.
- Sales Manager/Director/VP
- What is your area of specialisation?
- FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods)
- Contract Type
- Consultant name
- Anurag Garg (Lic No: R1215997)
- Consultant contact
- +65 6416 9817
- Job Reference