General Manager - SEA
Established MNC with B2B/B2C business
Young brand & subsidiary with group level support
About Our Client
Our client is a reputable company founded in the late 1800's and they are first established in Singapore having design and production facilities located in Asia and Europe. Our client's business is widely diversified within Hospitality, F&B, Retail, Industrial, medical and technology. They are looking for a hands on and ambitious General Manager to join their expanding business focusing on the B2C - F&B / retail segment of their business.
As the GM - SEA, you report directly to the Board of Directors and the Executive Director based in Singapore and you will get to be responsible for the overall performance of the company.
- You will be responsible for the day to day management and development of the business specifically by developing regional sales & marketing plans that supports regional brand and sales initiatives for these key segments: local & regional markets which including their export & distribution business.
- You will work alongside a team who will support you to drive the business forward.
- You will establish monthly operating rhythms to ensure country and/or sub-regional in market teams are aligned and executing regional business initiatives, sharing best practices, marketing assets, and key trends within the F&B retail business.
- You will support the regional teams on their go-to-market strategies helping prioritize focus growth channels and/or geographies, select distribution partners and support local execution of global and regional marketing initiatives through their wholesale / export business.
- As E-Commerce continues to grow in importance across all APAC geographies, you will play a central role in architecting the e-commerce strategy, working closely with regional teams to develop a regional pricing architecture, represent the firm's business to global E-Commerce platforms, ensuring products have the appropriate digital content and delivery of content is efficient.
Oversee the delivery of sales tools and training including competitive analysis, general sales support and presentations for customers, prospects, trade shows and executives.
Initiate, monitor and continually improve processes, business controls and policies internally and with customers.
The Successful Applicant
- Diploma or above and with 5-8 years of Sales & Marketing experience in Regional & local roles preferably within the F&B, Retail, FMCG sector.
- This role will be a good progression for a n ambitious sale driven Regional Business Development Manager that is looking to prgression into a GM role heading up an entity.
- Individual must have a passion for Tea (knowledge / history / background)
- Regional experience in distributor management in Asia specifically SEA preferred (SG, MY, Vietnam, Myanmar, China, Taiwan) - 80% focus
- Retail managements exposure - 20%
- Demonstrated product management success within CPG / Wholesale / Export a big plus.
- Individual must have strong collaboration and influencing skills
- Role is based physcially in Singapore.
What's on Offer
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-known, rapidly growing company with a strong heritage. The company offers excellent career progression and unrivalled opportunity to drive the brand forward. This is truly the perfect position for the marketing and branding executive looking to take the next step in his or her career.