- Expanding geographical scope
- Medical Devices industry
About Our Client
Our client is a publicly listed Multinational in the Medtech industry. They have transformed and grown rapidly globally in the last few years and there is now a strong focus on their Asia business. Their products are well engineered and renowned for high quality, with impeccable customer service. In APAC, they sell through a combination of exclusive and multiple channel partners. They also have strong partnerships with major hospitals and vendors. They're looking to strengthen their direct presence by hiring a leadership role to lead and manage their commercial sales and business development.
The General Manager, Sales - Asia is responsible for leading and growing their regional business through existing partnerships and identifying new business potentials. Leading a sizable team with good tenure, this new addition to the leadership team will be responsible for:
* Develop new partnerships, both in distributor network and directly, in line with the global growth strategy.
* Drive sales and implement strategic plans for the respective markets
* Increase Business in line with the corporate growth strategy à through regional expansion and market share gains
* Grow the marketing branding in new markets
* Lead and drive sales pitches and presentations
* Work collaboratively with senior management on strategic plans and develop actionable plans for the respective markets
* Identify opportunities for repeat business via campaigns, services, and distribution channels
The Successful Applicant
* Degree holder in a relevant discipline, MBA is a plus
* Have an established network with distributors across Asia (across several countries)
* Proven track record in developing new market penetration strategies and plans
* Experience in brand building, development and retention within Asia
* At least 10 years in a commercial sales leadership with a good track record in developing high performing teams
* Able to work in a culturally diverse environment
What's on Offer
Our client is a well-established brand name in the ophthalmology industry. The organization has a competitive remuneration scheme and good employee retention benefits. The role requires travel for training, customer visits and partner management so we are looking for candidates who can travel once restrictions are lifted.