General Manager, Sales - APAC - Building & outdoor Solutions
Growth oriented business in APAC
Manage relationships with partners regionally
About Our Client
Our client is a premium global player in the "building & outdoor solutions" space. APAC is a developing region for them with revenues in the range of 5-8 million USD and an ambition to be at 20 million USD. Their products are well engineered and renowned for high quality, with impeccable customer service. In APAC, they sell through a combination of exclusive and multiple channel partners. They're looking to strengthen their direct presence by hiring a leadership role in business development.
The General Manager, Sales - APAC is responsible for expansion of their partner network and markets for building solutions through customer understanding, concept development and technical solution sales.
Reporting to the headquarters this role is responsible for:
- Increase Business in line with the corporate growth strategy à through regional expansion and market share gains
- Build relationships with new potential customers and channels
- Be the brand ambassador for APAC
- Plan presentations, sales pitches and market relevant sales approaches
- Present to and consult with senior management on business trends
- Identify opportunities for repeat business via campaigns, services, and distribution channels
- Own the Asia PnL and a manage the team
- Close support and strong management of the sales team
The Successful Applicant
- MBA or Masters' Degree in a relevant discipline
- Have excellent relationships with architects, developers, wholesale distributors
- Ability to develop a market penetration strategy derived from the global growth strategy
- Experience in brand building, development and retention within Asia
- 10+ years in selling building and outdoor solutions (ideally during the design and build phase)
- Experience in running a regional PnL will be useful; with at least 5 years in managing a team
- Strong communication skills and a creative mindset
What's on Offer
Our client, a profitable private firm has a strong culture of hiring and coaching individuals with a strong commercial acumen. Globally, their revenue exceeds 200m USD and are market leaders in most of their major markets. In APAC, they are looking for someone with a strong aspiration to be in a firm that focuses on building people's careers and is keen to grow with the business.
The remuneration for this role will be competitive and other benefits, bonuses will be in line with the market. The role requires 30-40% travel for training, customer visits and partner management so we are looking for candidates who can travel once restrictions are lifted.