General Manager - OTT
Globally #1 brand in their industry
Opportunity to launch and run a business
About Our Client
Our client, one of the most valued brands, has access to 5 billion customers globally. They own and distribute content across different segments such as live, linear and VOD. To expand their direct-to-consumer reach, they are launching an OTT streaming business in Singapore.
The General Manager - OTT role has been newly created to maximize revenue on the market by launching and leading the Singapore operation.
Reporting directly to global leadership , the General Manager - OTT is responsible for building and leading the relevant team, launching and continuously promoting the product, driving the strategy (direct-to-consumer and through partnerships) and managing the P&L for the territory.
This role, with a global significance, is measured for success on the following criteria:
- User acquisition - own the strategy to rapidly go from 0 to several hundred thousand customers, including designing and managing marketing strategy and budget together with local agencies
- Hiring - build a team with experts in marketing strategy, commercial, customer retention (CRM) and consumer insights
- Performance management - track, forecast and report performance against business goals
- Strategic partnerships - work closely with international and Singaporean media and distribution partners to create win-win models
- Pricing and promotions - develop and implement plans for growth by introducing innovate pricing strategies
In a global first for this industry, this role will have the chance to be the first General Manager - OTT (working title- to be agreed) and over the next 2-4 years, this role will have an enviable growth curve.
The Successful Applicant
- Leadership experience (OTT preferably)
- Proven experience in marketing entertainment propositions, including the management of creative and media agencies
- Proven experience in structuring, negotiating and closing B2B partnership deals
- Experience of working directly with a board of investors in media, entertainment
- Entrepreneurial desire and passion for being a pioneer as the role presents an opportunity to challenge status quo in a very established and competitive market
- Solid analytical skills
- Flexible attitude as the role requires travel, calls outside of work hours and on weekends
- MBA from a recognized institution is highly preferred; with a background in Digital
What's on Offer
This newly created role, with one of the best global brands, offers you a chance to run your own business with the backing of a strong board. If you have experience building a large digital (ride sharing, music streaming, video streaming) business from the ground up with at least 200,000+ paying subscribers, or you work for an OTT player at the C-level and are looking for more ownership, this role will be just right for you!