- Rare leadership opportunity
- Implement strategic and operational objectives
About Our Client
Our client is the premium player and key leader in the marine safety industry. At the same time, they also service the other industries that include energy, aviation and offshore sector. Their products are well designed and renowned for high quality, and remarkable customer service. Our client has also chartered growth plans in the Asia region. Right now, they are looking for a committed General Manager who will spearhead operational excellence on top of stakeholder management with critical internal and external stakeholders.
Reporting to the Regional Vice President, the role will be responsible for a strategically crucial group of business units. As the General Manager, you will also maintain and strengthen strong relationships with clients, ensuring best of class service standards delivered throughout. Additionally, you will support senior management in leading the Southeast Asia region through change management and business integration. You will also be challenged to the following:
- Develop and implement performance management framework to ensure a high level of service, monitoring adherence to processes while managing the continuous review of key performer indicators, service level agreements and standard operating procedures.
- Develop and implement a solid operational delivery plan which highlights any potential threats / issues, challenges, and opportunities in line with the corporate strategy
- Set operational efficiency standards with a strategy that motivates people to deliver operational excellence that supports business growth ensuring efficient use of resource
- Plan individual and team KPIs aligned to overall business goals while consistently offering the right support and motivation for the teams to achieve them
- Build a culture of continuous improvement (CI) internally by developing programs, training and coaching different functions on its importance
- Drive Commercial Excellence
- From the industry gap assessment, identify any opportunities and create long term strategies to address them, aligning with company's vision
- Be the champion for the development and implementation of the key initiatives with project management experience that includes: Customer Segmentation; Value Proposition, Pricing Analysis and Excellence
- Identify the root causes through the evaluation of the fundamental issues of each gap assessment and providing the strategy and direction for the project team
- Stakeholder Management across Functional Team - Have frequent discussions with the senior leadership team on regional / global performance, gaps or opportunities identified
- Project Management - Provide project management support to the C-suite team and develop project plans for functional leads while working with them
The Successful Applicant
- Excellent academic qualification including a Bachelor's degree from a prestigious firm. MBA, MSc, or equivalent will be a plus.
- Experience working in a matrix organisation
- Six Sigma Green Belt / Black Belt or any other operational excellence tools
- Strong people management skills and track record of developing talent
- At least 12 years' experience in an industrial manufacturing or service-oriented manufacturing MNC
- Solid understanding of value chain partners and customer segmentation
- Strong and strategic marketing skills which includes market segmentation, planning, and research along with knowledge of sales management techniques
- Excellent communication and presentation skills for effective communication to senior stakeholders, colleagues and others
- Cultural awareness to region specific practices and behaviours
What's on Offer
This is a role considered upon the new business focus and the intention to place emphasis on the business improvement and CI. We are looking for a capable commercial excellence or operational excellence lead who has a strategic mindset and experience, coupled with a down-to-earth yet influential personality. The ideal candidate will be in the leadership pipeline for the region, owning autonomy and responsibility of the company's strategy.