Financial Reporting Manager
Newly created role
Good remuneration package
About Our Client
Our client is a leading player in the funds services industry
- Managing the Financial Reporting processes for funds are accurately reported on a timely basis within tight deadline.
- Facilitate the coordination, preparation and finalization of financial statements for funds
- Reviewing Fund's Annual, Semi-annual and quarterly Financial Statements together with the footnote disclosure, financial highlights, including calculation of total returns, preparation of per share tables, expense & credit risk ratio analysis, etc.
- Strong hands on approach.
- Developing financial statement preparation process for funds, building and compiling financial statement models, templates and footnotes using trial balances and other reports accurately and timely.
- Maintain open communication with clients/auditors to facilitate a smooth flow of the year-end audits for the funds assigned
- Work with other functions to identify and obtain information needed for financial reporting and address audit questions.
- Ensure timely completion of other responsibilities related to financial reporting, including audit planning, interim unaudited financial statements preparation, etc.
Process Improvement and Accounting Policy Management:
- Technical expert for GAAP and IFRS reporting
- Perform necessary technical accounting research to address evolving accounting/reporting issues. Translate new accounting standards or policies into an operational process.
- Provide guidance and respond to accounting policy questions from internal or external groups including fund accounting, operations, investor services, clients, auditors, etc.
- Identify and implement work process improvements to increase financial reporting efficiency and ensure that strong internal controls are maintained.
Other ad hoc projects, which may include involvement in annual SSAE 16 audit, internal audit, accounting monthly NAV package, etc.
Establish good relationship with other functions - Work with peers in operations, fund accounting, investor services as necessary to improve knowledge of accounting system, financial products, trading strategies and impacts these have on the financial reporting process.
Provide leadership, training, and coaching to financial reporting analysts on team
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, and 8+ years of accounting experience and/or leadership experience in financial markets
- CPA Certification
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Strong technical accounting knowledge, including GAAP and IFRS
- Demonstrated customer service and continuous improvement focus
- Demonstrate strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office, Word, Excel.
- Experience auditing or preparing financial statements for Hedge funds
- Experience working with financial products
- Understand internal control environment
- Demonstrate strong team building skills
- Ability to work in changing , fast-paced work environment
- Hedge Fund audit experience with Big 4
- Experience implementing financial reporting systems
- Knowledge in outsourcing financial reporting processes
- Previous experience with Advent Geneva software
What's on Offer
Good remuneration package in a leading player of the funds services industry with career progression and growth potential