Financial Compliance & Data Governance Manager / Senior Manager
Global Luxury Retail brand - European Multinational
Newly-created APAC role
About Our Client
A highly reputable European Luxury Retail brand specializing in high end luxury goods, ready-to-wear clothes and fashion accessories is currently looking for 2 headcounts as Financial Compliance & Data Governance Manager / Senior Manager as part of its ongoing investment in the Asia-Pacific markets.
This role has a strong focus on regional Financial Compliance function coupled with the emerging needs of data governance. You will develop and implement robust financial processes & policies which are in line with global directions and meet the needs of local and regional markets requirements. You will be a key finance business partner with the in-market finance leaders, regional shared service center and global finance heads in ensuring that all financial accounting policies, procedures and best practices are enforced in all countries within APAC. This would include driving regional projects relating to improvement works, new accounting standards..etc. You would also play an active role in the data governance aspect, developing policies, standards and processes and ensure that all countries in APAC are in compliance with the data governance policies. This also includes partnering with the data management team to ensure that data activities are performed properly to support business operations.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Degree in Accounting / Business with 8-10 years working experience, preferably with the initial years starting in Big 4 environment
- Relevant experience in Financial Compliance is a must while data governance exposure will be a good to have, open to all industries
- Independent and work well in a matrix and remote reporting environment
- Strong accounting knowledge in IFRS, demonstrated project management and presentation skills
- Confident communicator, good influencing skills to partner with stakeholders in different countries and across different levels
- Excellent analytical skills, able to resolve problems creatively and promptly
What's on Offer
You will look forward to working in a dynamic and progressive company with strong corporate culture and opportunities for internal rotation.