Leading Investment Group
Capital Markets Trading Business
About Our Client
Our client is a leading capital markets and investment group, connecting global investors to insights, liquidity and capital to drive their investment strategies. It operates from 20 cities across Asia, Australia, the Americas and Europe.
- Responsible for day to day financial accounting & monthly closing of the Group entity engaged in global equity, fixed income and derivatives trading business
- Responsible for calculating and monitoring daily risk based capital adequacy requirements of the MAS licensed entity and quarterly submission of the required filings
- Liaises with the rest of the finance team locally, globally and at head office to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting at all levels
- Understands market and regulatory developments and their implications on the business
- Performs overall legal entity controlling function, which includes review of trade and cash reconciliation, month-end closing, preparation of statutory accounts and liaising with external auditors, monitoring and reporting regulatory capital and other requirements, substantiating other key product related balances, providing tax provision and etc.
- Works closely with Group Finance teams including Group Financial Control, Group Treasury and Business Finance as well as Group Operations teams to ensure streamlined controls and processes exists within the controlling entity
- Leads and manages projects related to equities, fixed income and derivatives business by becoming a key finance liaison and participating in UATs
- Leads and manages other ad-hoc finance projects
The Successful Applicant
- University graduate or above in related disciplines, and CPA qualified
- Relevant experience on legal entity controlling in financial institutions, preferably with minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Product knowledge on cash equities, equities linked product, futures and options, swaps, fixed income and FX is preferred
- Strong business acumen - commercial and analytical thinker
- Proficiency in the use of computer (i.e. MS applications) and accounting applications preferably SAP or similar ERP system
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Strong presentation skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Work independently as well as a team player
What's on Offer
Stable progressive career path in a leading investment group backed by one of the world's largest investment banks with a competitive remuneration package and good upside on variable components and opportunities.