Growing and Dynamic Environment
About Our Client
Zilingo opened as an online e-commerce marketplace in 2015. Their goal was to provide an opportunity where entrepreneurial fashion operators could access their consumers through a digital platform. With the support of a variety of investors they are continuing to raise significant capital and currently have over 15,000 merchants and 5 million consumers per month using the site. Currently operating in Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, India, China and US the company aims to help fashion and beauty businesses in Asian countries to increase their global reach through e-commerce.
Zilingo was formed for the sole purpose of helping fashion and lifestyle businesses in South-East Asia to increase their global reach. Zilingo is scaling very fast and they're looking to build a team to manage finance and accounting for the entire company across offices.
Reporting to the Chief of Staff, you will be responsible for financial leadership for the group and managing the finance teams in each country. A key member of the executive leadership team, the expectation will be to support and push the strategy and direction of the businesses across Asia.
A compelling position as a business head in an e-commerce start up, Zilingo is looking for an individual who is adaptable, strategic and forward-looking.
Whilst not a comprehensive list, the following responsibilities are likely to be part of the role:
- Setting up and managing the finance and accounting department from scratch. You will act as a key business partner and be relied upon to make strategic and informed decisions to improve overall performance
- Oversee the entire financial operations of the company, take charge of the budgeting and forecasting process and ensure that business analysis and project costing is presented to top management
- Responsible for statutory and tax compliance matters and liaising with external audit and tax consultants
- Strengthen internal control, conduct analysis of financial risks and benefits on business initiatives
- Manage and provide ongoing training to finance and accounting personnel
- Conduct weekly and monthly financial assessments and generate reports to be submitted to the senior management team and shareholders
- Establish budgets in accordance with the requirements of company departments
- Allot and manage funds for projects across all Zilingo businesses
- Develop quarterly financial plans and projections for the company
The Successful Applicant
Zilingo are seeking a motivated and energetic candidate for the position of Finance Director in Singapore. The ideal candidate will possess an excellent understanding of commercial finance including accounting, budgeting and cost forecasting analysis. They will also have the ability to effectively analyse and communicate financial results and provide insight analysis to the business to support effective decision making with the various stakeholders.
The list of requirements below is not exhaustive, however it gives a flavour of the type of profile the business is keen on meeting:
- A degree qualified CA/CPA with about 10-15 years of post-graduation experience, ideally starting out in a Big 4 firm followed by commercial experience
- Experience in a start-up / e-commerce platforms environment, if possible
- Regional exposure with strong leadership and influencing skills
- Hands on, proactive, adaptable and possess excellent communication skills that will be required to work with a wide range of stakeholders
- Thrives well in a growing and reactive environment supporting business growth and expansion
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to inspire and motivate others
What's on Offer
The remuneration for this role will be delivered in two parts - a base salary, commensurate with the experience and pedigree of the successful candidate and an entrance into an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) that has a short vesting period. The successful candidate can expect a competitive remuneration package in a growing organisation with high visibility and opportunities to influence the business.