- Newly created role in the Singapore office
- Top tier team
About Our Client
Our client is an independent investment manager, managing institutional sized assets. They have been active in the global markets for over sixteen years, operating with a lean yet highly professional team that is investing in public equities, currency markets, derivatives, hedge funds and private investments. Using prime technology, the company is highly efficient and positions itself among the best private asset managers.
Owing to their expansion in Asia, they are looking to hire an Equity Research Analyst, Public Markets.
The Equity Research Analyst, Public Markets identifies, analyses, and proposes investment opportunities and monitors the invested portfolio. This role reports to the Head of Markets, Asia [based in Singapore].
This role analyses, monitors, reports on the current positions in global markets. In addition, this role will help with selection of new opportunities. In coordination with the Head of Markets - Asia and Head of Asia (CIO), the successful candidate will run and monitor investment portfolios.
- Lead systematic research and analysis of public markets and industry trends, primarily in Asia ex-Japan
- Conduct due diligence on portfolio companies or candidates, and support idea generation through constant interactions with companies and their stakeholders
- Update on business trends, competition and new regulatory policy impacting the covered geography / sector
- Contribute to discussions of sectors and companies covered by other team members, and promote an open and honest culture of challenging and being challenged
- Prepare presentations and memos to the investment committee in relation to potential and existing investments, and macro / capital markets themes
- Assist in preparing reports, ad hoc / strategic reviews other such related tasks
- Assist in portfolio management duties including monitoring, reporting, and evaluating performance of executed transactions
- Network with advisors in the region and sell-side analysts
The Successful Applicant
- Excellent academic qualifications with at least eight years in equity research and at least five of those in a top buy-side firm
- CFA would be preferred though not a must
- Experience in covering Hong Kong and China equities, including A shares is a must
- Proficiency in business mandarin is an absolute must, as the role requires attending corporate meetings with Hong Kong and China listed entities, regular interactions with stakeholders including sellside and independent research providers, and reviewing annual reports and other relevant documents.
- Expertise in equity research across internet, consumer or financials would be ideal though not a must
- Ability to build, update, and maintain complex financial models representing the current and future financial state of the companies being analysed
- Detail oriented, possess strong analytical and quantitative skillset
- Proficient with advanced computer software such as spreadsheets and database programs
- Besides being a good team-player, candidates should also demonstrate maturity, integrity and possess the ability to interact and network with investors
- Openness to frequent travel across Europe & Asia
What's on Offer
Our client, a leading private investment manager, is looking to hire this newly created headcount in Singapore. The firm has an excellent culture and a highly autonomous work environment, so we need someone who is highly independent. Candidates who have been in buy-side research roles for five or more years and are looking for a more autonomous setup and the opportunity to move into money management roles in the next two to three years, will find this an excellent fit.