- Excellent opportunity to join a global investment bank
- 6 months contract, renewable with an opportunity to convert to permanent
About Our Client
Our client is a leader in global banking with a huge global presence. They provide financial services across corporate and investment banking, asset management and private banking for local corporations and institutions as well as multi-nationals, governments and private clients.
You will be part of the Equities Trading Desks and the team acts as first point of contact, assisting in the execution of both new client and hedging activity. Clients execute trades across a range of product wrappers e.g OTC, Securities, Synthetic and it is the team's responsibility to ensure positions are booked and maintained correctly in our risk systems.
Main responsibilities include:
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the operational process life-cycle by interacting with internal and external stakeholders including clients, trading desks, brokers, Sales, Structuring and other federation teams. (You should be proficient in Japanese language in both spoken and written, as this role will require you to liaise with Japanese internal and external stakeholders)
- Partner with a team of product experts to review all operational aspects of the trade flow while gaining strong technical knowledge, risk control and commercial awareness
- Use your inquisitive mind set to identify efficiency opportunities with respect to process flow methodology as well as enhance scalability
- Leverage your quantitative skills to decompose complex regulatory and operational process requirement, and propose creative, robust solutions
- Oversight & ownership of the full front to back operational flow ensuring that seamless execution of trades, new business and flow enhancements
- Any other adhoc duties
The Successful Applicant
- Ability to demonstrate a sound of understanding of a range of Equity Derivative products as well as Cash Securities.
- Strong Team-working skills: For working with both internal departments locally and globally
- Track record in the development of client relationships and key stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Ability to gain a strong understanding of the business and work with Prime Brokerage, Marketing, Structuring, Trading and Sales desks
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive under pressure
- Strong leadership skills essential - this role will require a self-starter who can manage competing deadlines and can prioritise appropriately.
What's on Offer
Opportunity to join a global investment bank and be part of the Equities Trading Desk!