- Opportunity to work in global organization
- Pioneer position to strategize and lead the change
About Our Client
Our client is an international manufacturer providing industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Their products are in use in over 100 countries and include fiber optic cable and hardware, transmission and substation accessories, outside plant equipment, connectivity, test and inspection equipment, fusion splicers and training.
In the near-term of 1-3 years, he/she will deliver objectives through the engineering resources at our contract manufacturers, design/engineering interns in Singapore, and in collaboration with global engineering teams based around the world including USA, Mexico, UK, Japan, Australia and others. Upon successful execution of near-term objectives, he/she will be considered for the role of managing expanded regional engineering teams in Singapore and regionally.Responsibilities
- Creates an internship program in Singapore with local educational institutes; program will include development plans for interns
- Work in collaboration with contract manufacturers and global engineering resources to complete engineering projects
- Accountable for ensuring the teams are highlighting problems, making results visible and addressing issues systematically and logically
- Provides technical expertise for day-to-day engineering activities, e.g. support in identifying root causes of problems; changes and improvements in designs; implementation of new production technologies; etc.
- Provides oversight, coaching of resources and work effectively with cross-functional teams in establishing priorities for engineering
- Provides technical, quality and safety guidance to their team to manage the activities.
- Participates in critical technical projects related to the production of commercial solutions
- Participates in project meetings, aimed at transposing the production processes requested by the customer, the approval of the instructions regarding production operations, any support in the event of anomalies with respect to production standards.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Engineering Manager will need to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 8 years of engineering experience, people management and remote management experience will be an added advantage
- Highly motivated to solve Customers' applications challenges with innovative design
- Knowledge and familiarity with CAD tools
- Strong mechanical design principles (E.g sheet metal bending and plastic molding)
- Design Thinking principles that translate true Customer needs into solutions
- A growth mindset is crucial to succeed
What's on Offer
Our client is offering a competitive salary with full benefits. We are looking for an experienced professional who has a strategic mindset, who is seeking a long-term career move. The ideal candidate will be in the leadership role owning autonomy and responsibility of the company's engineering design centre.