- Newly created role in Singapore, part of global expansion
- Drive FDI for an established market
About Our Client
Our client, part of the Australian government, drives global strategic investment relationships that directly and indirectly impact trade. These efforts in trade and investment are aimed at strengthening their export network, generating foreign direct investment, and creating job opportunities. In line with the planned global expansion in 2022 they are looking to setup six hubs including Singapore, which will serve as the key market for public and private sector relationships in ASEAN. This is a newly created role with the priority sectors being technology, R&D, and healthcare.
Reporting to the Trade and Investment Commissioner based in Singapore, the Director - Investment & Trade will:
- Lead thorough market research within priority sectors across technology, R&D, and healthcare to find investment and trade opportunities
- Own CXO relationships in private and public sector accounts
- Represent the government at high level meetings and negotiations with potential investors and trade partners
- Contribute to strategy development for investment attraction and export promotion
- Plan and implement activities such as trade exhibitions, in-bound buyer missions, market visits etc.
- Advise companies, VIPs and Ministerial missions with pre-departure briefings and offer on-the-ground support to visiting delegations
The Director - Investment & Trade will need a strong commercial acumen and track record in a revenue generating role. Critical to the role will be representing and promoting the client's trade and investment interests to investors, political leaders and stakeholders.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelors or Masters' degree in business, Marketing, Economics, or a relevant discipline
- Experience in conducting market research and using such data to identify key CXO contacts across public and private sectors
- Strong knowledge of the R&D and technology landscape in Singapore and ASEAN
- Passion for a role that combines the key elements across trade, investment, and relationship management
- Excellent presentation and communication skills as the role involves regular contact with senior stakeholders across public and private sectors
- Knowledge of latest social media trends and platforms, to engage the right audience and build relationships
- Previous experience in attracting investment and facilitating international expansion in R&D, Technology and Healthcare sectors would be ideal
What's on Offer
Our client, a progressive and stable public sector employer offers you a chance to lead their CXO relationships in Singapore and ASEAN. This is an exciting new setup, so you get to influence the decision making and best practice implementation. Candidates who have worked as part of high commissions, trade and investment organizations and have an affinity towards the Australian markets would find this a strong fit. Remuneration would be competitive, but this is not a commission-based sales role.