Director, Strategy & Analytics
Global leader in media and entertainment
Experience in management consulting preferred
About Our Client
Our client is a globally established media business that produces and distributes content across different segments such as sports and movies. They pride themselves in managing some of the most iconic brands in this space. Over the last few years, business focus has shifted dramatically to invest in digital assets and digital marketing. As part of this growth, they have invested in a new OTT service which is successfully run via a subscription based model.
This new Director, Strategy & Analytics (APAC) role has been created in the business to help with go-to-market strategy development and turning the available data to actionable insights.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director the Digital business, the Director, Strategy & Analytics (APAC) will define the strategy of this new business and develop business plans to take it forward.
This is the 2nd in command role for this business unit and highly critical within the organization. It will be measured for success on the following criteria:
- Ownership of strategy - provide a view, analysis and recommendations around drivers, areas of growth, competitors and health of the business
- Cross function collaboration - as the strategy lead, the role needs to work across product, content, commercial and marketing functions to drive a culture of data driven decision making
- Performance management - track, forecast and report performance against business goals
- Strategic partnerships - work closely with the affiliate network in the region to create win-win models
- International Expansion - help to develop and implement plans for international expansion and user acquisition
The Successful Applicant
- MBA or a Masters in a relevant discipline from a reputed university
- Minimum 4 years' experience in management consulting in APAC &
- 2 years+ in strategy roles in-house at 'internet' firms in APAC
- Proven track record of developing strategies to disrupt traditional businesses
- Self-driven and risk taker as the role presents an opportunity to challenge status quo in a very established and competitive market
- Strong analytical skills and ability to turn available data to actionable insights
- Flexible attitude as the role requires frequent travel, calls outside of work hours and on weekends
What's on Offer
This newly created roles offers you a chance to work in a competitive market for a mature business and lead the disruption in Asia Pacific. If you are a risk taker with a strong work ethic, you will enjoy the energy in this business. In addition, the line manager comes with a strong track record of building companies from the ground up.
This is not a team management role and we are looking for someone who will be hands on.