- Good remuneration package
- Great corporate culture
About Our Client
Our client is a financial institution engaged in the capital markets and has global presence in various locations across the world.
- Driving the development of key projects under Asia Pacific Public Policy strategy and contributing to the development of Global Public Policy strategies.
- Knowledgeable about relevant policy issues, for being reliable and honest in the provision of both information and opinion to policy makers, and for acting as a role model for the Policy team.
- Public speaking at Conferences and events where Asia Pacific Public Policy issues are discussed, or where policymakers participate.
- Leading Working Group Calls in new and or hugely impactful/ higher risk areas, such as emerging markets reform..
- Managing and or providing guidance and support to colleagues across the policy team.
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships through effective counsel on Public Policy issues.
- Providing support to the team on Asia Pacific public policy issues as necessary.
- Advises and executes the development of public policy strategies to support member priorities.
- Liaises and builds effective, credible relationships with policymakers and other opinion leaders.
- Adheres to any relevant codes of conduct or legislation regulating the conduct of public policy advocacy.
- Educates government officials, members and employees on important issues and support strategic debates.
- Shapes public policy through education and advocacy, maintaining and strengthening reputation.
Drafting and Reporting:
- Ability to write compelling and persuasive briefing papers, synthesizing input.
- Researching topics and news related to the members and issues you deal with.
- Being well-versed in issues of the day
- Research and analysis of legislation and regulatory proposals.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum of 10 years experience, of which at least 4 years should be experience operating at Director level in a public policy role in financial services.
- Advanced degree in political sciences, history, law or economics desirable.
Further financial qualifications an advantage.
- Strong knowledge of the derivatives market and regulation an advantage.
Strong verbal and written communication skills with good facilitation and presentation skills and proven track record of communicating successfully across jurisdictions.
Ability to influence without authority and interact credibly with all levels of the organization.
Excellent consultative ability and interpersonal skills.
Strong ability to promote change and manage resistance and have difficult conversations while maintaining working relationships.
Strong working knowledge of APAC derivatives regulations and Public Policy.
Must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
What's on Offer
Good remuneration package with variable bonus component in an excellent environment and great corporate culture.