Director or VP - Silicon Valley Tech Company
Creating the next unicorn(s)
HQ in Sillicon Valley
About Our Client
Our client is a Silicon-Valley based accelerator who is looking to bring on board a highly organized and motivated person to join their lean team. If you are well-connected to the VC and the start-up eco-system, and might have experience setting up your own technology-based venture, then this will be an exciting role for you to embark on!
With more than 10 industry coverage across the globe, and with almost 30 global locations, our well-networked investors and experienced mentors are ready to grow our business in Indonesia.
Our client is looking to bring on board a highly-seasoned candidate to join their growing business. You will be reporting to the CEO and the Regional Investment team, and you will be the main contact for corporates, investors and potential venture owners. Eventually, you will be expected to grow the business. Other responsibilities include:
- Monitoring, developing and driving the KPI with the rest of the team.
- Leading and directing a team of highly-capable individuals to organize and manage the various programs conducted which includes community, programs, marketing and operational activities.
- Providing monthly report to key stakeholders to both local and global team.
- Identifying, developing and leading corporate business development and partnership with both local conglomerate and multi-national clients.
- Working with the local and global team to identify the next unicorn in Indonesia by identifying and securing regional and global partnerships for partners who are interested in startup technology companies in Indonesia.
- Involved in the due diligence process to identify the high potential startups.
- Formulating new strategies to drive company's performance.
- Planning, and overseeing marketing initiatives and strategies.
- Executing a strong internal and external communications with all stakeholders, and managing communication and delivery between the commercial and engineering team.
- Accelerating and scaling up the business through strategic partnerships with mentors, investors, government entities, and other industry players.
- Providing mentorship during and after the programs, and this includes helping out with the business growth, and pitching to VCs or other investors to raise funds.
The Successful Applicant
Only shortlisted Indonesian candidates will be contacted, and ideally, you will have in-depth knowledge of the start-up technology ecosystem in Indonesia, and has strong track records of building or running successful businesses, especially within the tech-world.
Excellent English communication in both verbal and written is a must.
Other requirements include:
- At least 8 years of working management in technology companies, start-ups, consulting, and venture capital.
- Exposure in business development, or client-facing role is ideal.
- Master degree, or MBA from a top tier business school are optional, but Bachelor's from related degree is a must. Overseas graduates will be highly preferred.
- Experience working in other countries will be highly preferred, please highlight in your CV which regional assignment you have/had.
- Strong leadership with excellent influencing, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong ability to set clear measurable objectives, delegate responsibilities, assesses, recognize and reward performance.
- Drive and hunger to achieve results, entrepreneur mindset.
- Independent, self-starter, detail-oriented, highly organized, initiative, and the ability to work in fast-paced and ambiguous environment.
- Excellent business acumen, analytical skill and willingness to be hands-on, and work within tight deadlines.
- High commitment, confidence, motivation and flexibility.
What's on Offer
Besides being part of a company which experience tremendous growth, and a strong market presence in their origin country, other offers are:
- Excellent remuneration.
- Unlimited opportunity to build your own network.