Director of Operations, Asia Pacific - Direct Selling
Highly visible role to senior leadership
Critical function for Asian expansion
About Our Client
Our client, headquartered in Europe, is a leading player in the 'health and well-being' consumer products space. They are a fast growth, privately held firm, with revenues in the $100-200m USD range. In Europe and North America, they are seeing aggressive growth and are looking to build on that success by launch Asia Pacific in 2021. The headquarters will be in Singapore, but they have plans to consider other branches in the region in 2022.
The Director of Operations, will report into the CEO, Asia Pacific based in Singapore.
The Director of Operations is responsible for the three main pillars of Customer Experience, Supply Chain and Logistics, and Customer Support. This position will also be critical in the expansion of new markets in the SEA region. You will also be challenged to the following:
- Set up SOPs to ensure that distributors and customers both receive top quality service and support to develop their business and sustained pipeline
- Oversee and manage the supply chain and logistics flow including customer service strategy, continuous improvement, international logistics and product operations
- Make necessary recommendations related to budget management, marketing, hiring and tools for best practices
- Development and execution of the strategies focused on the regional expansion including planning of real estate, people, materials and equipment
- Representative of the company to make key announcements and presentations on topics like new country launches, business development initiatives and motivation
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree or Masters in Business Administration / Management, or a major in logistics / supply chain
- 10 years or more experience managing regional operations
- Experience in health or medical related technological products where licensing and regulatory understanding will be desired
- Solid experience in setting up structured processes, ensuring that critical deadlines and priorities are met
- Knowledge of legal processes, licensing, regulatory, compliance matters pertaining to international logistics
- Giving empowerment to team through a collaborative leadership style and having an open-door policy when it comes to communication and transparency
- Experience in managing a team
What's on Offer
Our client, a fast growth direct sales consumer business, is looking for a someone who has the desire to be in a role that is largely entrepreneurial. This role is for someone who had previously managed South East Asia or Asia Pacific for a direct sales business in consumer goods and ideally, enjoys launching products and countries, while building a team.
The remuneration and benefits in this role will be highly competitive.