Director, Customer Engagement & Retention (APAC)
Global Leader in media and entertainment
Drive increase of engagement
About Our Client
Our client is a globally established media business that produces and distributes content across different segments such as sports and movies. They pride themselves in managing some of the most iconic brands in this space. Over the last few years, business focus has shifted dramatically to invest in digital assets and digital marketing. As part of this growth, they have invested in a new OTT service which is successfully run via a subscription based model.
This new Director, Customer Engagement & Retention (APAC) role has been created in the business to help with go-to-market strategy development and turning the available data to actionable insights.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director the Digital business, the Director, Customer Engagement & Retention (APAC) will be fully accountable for customer engagement, customer retention and customer experience.
The role will be measured for success on the following criteria:
- Managing customer life-cycle - develop, operationalize and optimize the journey from customer on-boarding, engagement, retention to win-back
- Integration with analytics - drive a data centric mentality to evaluate effectiveness of campaigns and content consumption
- Partnership with product team - analyze customer journeys/funnels and present recommendations to the product team for improvement and better customer segmentation
- Communication strategies - lead the development of marketing communication across customer segments and channels to drive compelling customer experiences, greater usage and deeper brand engagement
- Contact center process management - be responsible for the end to end customer contact processes and their associated customer experience, supporting cross company initiatives to drive improvements, improve efficiency and reduce complaints
- Team management - lead a high performing marketing team to deliver top quality marketing campaigns
The Successful Applicant
- MBA or a Masters in a relevant discipline from a reputed university
- Minimum 8 years' experience in CRM, database marketing and customer retention &
- 4 years+ working in an online subscription or ecommerce business with a regional coverage
- Proven track record in targeted marketing through digital channels across email, mobile and paid media
- Extremely good analytical skills as this role will be responsible for owning the end-to-end customer journey with a market leading product
- Confident and articulate individual as the role requires working across difference business and product groups
What's on Offer
This newly created roles offers you a chance to work in a competitive market for a mature business. You will lead the disruption and the customer journey for our client's products in Asia Pacific. If you are a risk taker with a strong work ethic, you will enjoy the energy in this business. In addition, the line manager comes with a strong track record of building companies from the ground up.
This is not a team management role and we are looking for someone who will be hands on.