Data Scientist - Financial Services
Attractive Salary Package
About Our Client
Our client, a Global Financial Services organisations, is currently hiring a permanent position of a Data Scientist to interpret data and implement solutions in order to solve real problems that their clients are facing. They are a listed firm, world-class insurer and they are implementing digital transformation through data science.
Reporting to the Head of Data Analytics, you will have high autonomy in your position. Your core responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Participating in projects related to statistics, Machine Learning and Deep Learning.
- Developing effective BI dashboards that are capable of presenting data exploration and findings for the purpose of descriptive analytics.
- Collaborating with other units for analysis and reporting.
- Leveraging abilities in big data technology in addition to managing internal partners.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Data Scientist will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Master's or Ph.D. in statistics, applied mathematics, information technology, engineering, computer science or equivalent.
- At least 3 years+ experience in industry data science and machine learning.
- At least 2 years+ experience of proven insurance analytics.
- Proven track record in data visualization technologies like R / d3.js and Tableau / Power BI / Qlik / SAS VA
- Experience with big data platforms, SQL and building models in Spark (Pyspark / sparkR / Scala)
What's on Offer
Our client offers you the platform to be part of an exciting Digital Transformation initiative, which means to you that your career will constantly grow as the company rapidly expands. Keeping internal processes simple and encouraging open communication is a key focus for the management. In addition, remuneration is competitive with attractive bonuses. The company culture is about high levels of commitment and care for employees. If you are looking for a stable and career-growing environment, this is an excellent opportunity.