Credit Risk Manager, Private Banking
About Our Client
Our client has a strong presence in Asia and is due to become a more prominent player in the Singaporean banking sector in the near future. Their Private Banking division is mid-sized but rapidly expanding their market share. They are looking for a strong team player who is highly engaged and will add value to the business during this expansion stage.
- work with the Head of Credit, the PB team and key stakeholders in upscaling the credit business to a higher level.
- be conversant in the functionalities and unique features of credit IT system and able to define some credit requirements, conduct UAT, etc.
- conduct credit risk assessments and approve credit applications within delegated authority, or recommend for next level of approval if he/she is supportive of the applications not within the delegated authority.
- work under the mandate to manage the credit portfolio to minimize credit losses, ensures team's compliance with requisite policies, guidelines (internal and external) and manages audit/regulatory reviews.
- handle credit admin and control function, ensuring critical management of daily excesses, margin shortfalls and exercising sound judgement in handling top-up / close-out situations.
- make early identification of account irregularities or poor credit conduct and take necessary and appropriate actions including escalation to Management.
- perform credit portfolio risk assessment, analysis, stress testing & reporting including quarterly credit portfolio review for Business and Management.
- manage problem/classified loan accounts with debt recovery responsibilities where necessary.
- provide active advice/support to bankers & investment advisors on credit structures as well as credit policies & products related matters.
- conduct relevant risk training for bankers and their associates.
The Successful Applicant
- Preferably a Degree holder, because the many of the bank's clients are Chinese speakers, a good command in both written and spoken English and Chinese would be advantageous.
- At least 5 years of working experience in Private Banking credit risk management and possessing a keen risk awareness. Some knowledge of operational risk and market risk would be an advantage.
- In-depth understanding of credit documentation and risk monitoring and control within Private Banking environment.
- Solid knowledge & understanding of Private Banking business and products.
- A solid independent worker with the ability to deliver under pressure.
- Experience in working with SE Asia and North Asia (particularly China) clients of Private Banking would be a clear advantage.
- Technically sound with Microsoft Office applications especially Microsoft Excel/Word/Powerpoint.
- A team player, a mature professional with good attitude, pleasant personality, strong interpersonal skills.
What's on Offer
The Private Bank is embarking on a rapid expansion strategy over the next few years, which is why this a new expansionary headcount. This organisational will facilitate an attractive career progression for a credit manager who performs well on key deliverables.