Country Manager - SG / SEA
Established MNC with B2C business
Newly Created Opportunity
About Our Client
Our client is a leading MNC commercializing highly-regarded healthcare & wellness products. They are looking to hire a Country Manager to lead SEA within the Vitamins, Minerals & Supplements segment.
They are constantly reinventing themselves to keep ahead of consumer demands and they aim to maintain and improve their current performance regionally and internationally.
- A Newly Created role based in SG, reporting to the Managing Director, you will develop the Business strategy & plans for our brands in Singapore and implement them for the group in Singapore & across SEA markets.
- You will develop an adapted local Marketing plan with the support and in line with the guidelines of the Regional/Global Marketing dept.
- You will recruit, coach & manage a Key Account Manager and a Senior Brand Manager to support building our brands to leadership position in the market. As such you will be accountable for delivering through your team Net Sales targets, all sales KPIs (Distribution, shelving, visibility, trade terms, retailers recommendation & engagement in support of the brand) and other business performance indicators ie Gross Margin.
- You will also have coaching responsibility and a dotted reporting line for a supply chain coordinator (demand/supply planning).
- Team may expand with an export manager to support export across key SEA markets.
- You will be in charge of the P&L and the coordination of functions locally with regional support (regional support for Legal and Regulatory Affairs in Hong Kong).
- Where applicable establish strong partnership with distributors, wholesalers & retailers to support delivering business targets and sustained growth of our brands in the region.
- Under the regular course of business, you are expected to spend approximately 80% of your time on the Sales / Business Development.
- Establish Sales plan & terms to deliver brand overall Net Sales objectives & deliver brand growth strategy in Singapore and across SEA.
- Drive distribution & penetration of the brand along with Baby Nutrition & Care brands across all relevant channels in Singapore and across SEA markets.
- Unleash brand potential surfing on developing categories across adult and baby supplements (ie probiotics).
- Drive breakthrough visibility for the brand in line with the brand.
The Successful Applicant
Strong organizational leadership is critical.
- A positive, can-do, energetic & authentic personality that are a genuine fit and contribution to group's culture
- Strategic and analytical thinking - as a key driver of the local strategy and plans, impeccable analytical & strategic skills will be needed to drive our ambitious growth plans.
- Proven commercial skills in customer facing roles & strategic management roles.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Excelling at operating in a fast paced & entrepreneurial environment.
- 10+ years' sales experience in the FMCG industry across Singapore and SEA region
- 5+ years' experience as a manager or others handling multiple direct reports.
- Customer facing experience in FMCG, with main retailers in Singapore and across SEA
- Experience in the vitamins, minerals & supplement category a strong plus.
What's on Offer
You will be part of an organisation that takes pride in their long history with an excellent vision for the future. This is a company that cares deeply about its employees and doesn't just talk about giving back and contributing to society, but that acts on their commitments. CSR and charity initiatives are part of our client's DNA and they are looking to hire people who can not only perform excellently on the job, but also have CSR engrained deeply into their professional and personal lives.
High performing employees are recognised and rewarded with competitive remuneration packages, personal development awards, annual salary reviews and short-term incentive programme.