Corporate Strategy & Development Lead - Petrochemical / Plastic
Highly visible role to senior management
Career progression for high-performing individuals
About Our Client
Our client is a manufacturing leader within the plastics and petrochemical industry. They are built upon a solid foundation of technologies that is has been improved through numerous rounds of innovation across the past 40 years. Their presence spans across 50 countries and its products and services cuts across multiple industries that includes government water systems, telecommunication, healthcare, energy and power and more. As part of its growth and expansion plans, they have promoted the incumbent to an even senior role and is looking for their next in line. Therefore, Michael Page has been engaged to identify a high potential individual who has the capability to progress into a Director level position following the success of this role as a Strategy Planning Leader.
The role reports directly to the General Manager of Strategy & Market Intelligence where his main responsibility is to be accountable for Strategy Development, Strategic Business Insights as well as other initiatives and projects.
You will also be challenged to the following:
- Align with corporate strategy - Develop functional strategies as part of the strategic planning process and monitor the implementation of corporate development strategies
- Strategic improvement of overall business - Challenge different business units or functions on their strategic plan, ensuring robustness of their strategies
- Project management - Assess strategic partners and rate the partnership arrangements, including the management of consultants and project managers for strategic studies or projects
- Market and business insights - Be proactive by keeping the knowledge about the industry up-to-date, analysing market trends and competition, and providing recommendations to senior management for any decision making they require
- Strategic initiatives and projects - Drive activities or initiatives of strategic nature closely with stakeholders across functions
- Develop tools and models - For the execution of strategic initiatives, direct support should be given to the functional leaders which includes tools/models to facilitate analysis and decision making
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate must come with the following:
- Excellent academic qualification like a Bachelor's degree from a prestigious university, preferably with post-grade qualifications like an MBA, MSc, or equivalent
- At least 7 years' experience in petrochemical industry or related industry, with at least 5 years' in a strategic planning or strategy development function
- Solid understanding of the petrochemical / oil & gas value chain partners, the downstream products and industry sectors
- Strong analytical and strategic skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills for effective communication to senior stakeholders, colleagues and others
- Effective project management and consulting skills of developing talent
- Cultural awareness to region specific practices and behaviours
What's on Offer
This role is a high visibility role for the individual who would be exposed to senior leadership team on a frequent basis. The ideal candidate would be on track to be promoted to a General Manager level and subsequently a Vice President level if possible next. You would be expected to come with strategy development / corporate strategy / strategy and planning background.