Compliance Tesing and Review Officer
About Our Client
Our client is a global bank with significant presence in Asia, specifically Singapore. They are currently expanding their Private banking and Corporate banking business in Singapore, and are looking for a compliance review specialist to hit the ground running and take the lead on reviews.
- Conduct desk and thematic reviews in Singapore using a risk based approach, including managing the relationship with all the stakeholders, performing testing, drafting and agreeing the report.
- Validating the appropriate closure of actions raised in the reports.
- Involve in stakeholder meetings throughout the life-cycle of the review (e.g. opening / closing meetings, preliminary findings meetings, etc.)
- Keep proper record of output, findings, work papers, discussions and agreed action plans
- Assist in additional reviews when warranted due to the changes in the regulatory risk landscape
- Assign to special projects within/out the Compliance department
- Build a strong relationship within Compliance and Business Partners
The Successful Applicant
- Extensive (5 - 7 years) Compliance and/or internal audit experience across the Investment
- Bank and/or Private Bank
- University degree educated
- Accountable for any processes or projects and tries to deliver ahead of time.
- English language - Articulate both orally and in writing because ability to produce high quality, concise, well researched written work is vital to this role as is the ability to communicate clearly and succinctly with senior management in the business in English
- Inquisitive, knows what questions to ask and tenacious when something doesn't sound right
- Attention to detail and well organized
- Knows own limitations and escalates appropriately
- Exercises good judgement and ability to think out of the box
- Has high ethical and control standards, commensurate with working in a critical control function
- Willing to undergo on-the-job and more formal training for career development
- Good presentation and convincing skills
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment
- Independent / self-starter and assertive, even when facing with challenging situation
What's on Offer
Our client is currently looking for a compliance review specialist to hit the ground running and take the lead on reviews. There is good scope for competitive re-numeration and career advancement as the business and front line support functions grow. Our client has global reach as does the career path for employees.